Seller doesn't not respond after sending item for repairing

Hi all

I bought a galaxy note 4 on July 05, 2017, after updating new firmware, the phone can not register net work

(Fido), I contacted the seller and they ask me to send it back so  the technician look at it and see if he can have it repaired for me. 

After over a month I still haven't heard anything from them.  I send another message saying that if my phone is fixable? they said

it's not and they will discuss their options with the manager and will get back to me shortly.  After another week waiting without any

news.  I send them 2 messages asking for my phone back, but they didn't respond.   I tried to contact Ebay customer service but there

is no email or phone number available.  Please help me how can I get my phone back.

Thank you

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

after updating new firmware, the phone can not register net work

My concern is that when a purchased item is changed in any way,the eBay Money Back Guarantee is no longer valid.

However, the timeline is also a little confusing.

EBay has a MBG for 30 days after delivery.

You purchased July 5, 2017, so the eBay MBG is long over.

EBay will offer you no help at this late date.

Paypal has Buyer Protection for 180 days from payment.

You should open an Item Not As Described dispute as soon as possible. You are very close to the PP deadline.

Keep in mind that many businesses are short handed or closed over the Christmas /New Year holidays.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

You will need the PP transaction number and the tracking number showing that the phone has been delivered to the seller.

Since you have already Contacted the Seller you can ignore that suggestion, and move immediately to a Claim.

Paypal may not be able to get your phone back, because they are more designed to process refunds.

Ughh-- the seller is in China. Can you write and read Mandarin? It may help.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Did you open a case within the Resolution Centre to do this? Like an exchange? 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

after updating new firmware, the phone can not register net work

My concern is that when a purchased item is changed in any way,the eBay Money Back Guarantee is no longer valid.

However, the timeline is also a little confusing.

EBay has a MBG for 30 days after delivery.

You purchased July 5, 2017, so the eBay MBG is long over.

EBay will offer you no help at this late date.

Paypal has Buyer Protection for 180 days from payment.

You should open an Item Not As Described dispute as soon as possible. You are very close to the PP deadline.

Keep in mind that many businesses are short handed or closed over the Christmas /New Year holidays.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

You will need the PP transaction number and the tracking number showing that the phone has been delivered to the seller.

Since you have already Contacted the Seller you can ignore that suggestion, and move immediately to a Claim.

Paypal may not be able to get your phone back, because they are more designed to process refunds.

Ughh-- the seller is in China. Can you write and read Mandarin? It may help.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

I'm going out on a limb to say it's another knock-off.

If you still had the phone you could've tried rolling back to the previous firmware.

Go to PayPal and file a claim indicating it's counterfeit.

I hope the return shipment  had all the necessary fail-safes applied?

Hopefully this isn't another lesson learned the hard way.

Negative scenarios involving unrealistically cheap electronic devices are constantly arising.

Most could've been avoided.

Good luck.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Thanks, it's over 60 days, and I can't find the option to open the case within Resolution Center

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

ebay's MoneyBack Guarantee only covers 30 days past estimated date of delivery. Try Paypal next. You returned the item with tracking, correct? If not, you are probably already sunk. You might need to call Paypal or your credit card provider if that's how you paid for it. 

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Thank you to all of you help

=I will contact Paypal as your suggestion

-The seller is in Quebec (may be they're chinese !!!)

- I did try, but the new firmware locked (oct 17) there is no way I can not downgrade to old firmware

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

So this was part of one of the ebay promotions? Like, a special ebay-backed seller with a special coupon deal?

You might want to bring this up at our weekly chat with ebay staff here on the Discussion Boards. 

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I just make a claim as paypal, and I have to wait for the seller respond, can not make claim directly to paypal.  The time running out for pp protection (jan 05, 18).  They said I have to wait till Jan 20, 18 they will step in if the seller doesn't make any move.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

The deadline is for opening the Dispute.

Then there is (I believe) another 20 days for resolution.

When you think about it, otherwise the complainant could open the dispute on Day 180 and the other member would have no opportunity to respond.

So your seller has to respond by January 5 (if that's what PP is telling you) otherwise you win the dispute and Paypal refunds you.

Then PP goes after the seller for their money.

And they have his financial information on file.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

May be I'm the only one got bad luck with the phone, it's unlocked galaxy note 4 sprint (N910C), searching all the websites, most people having no problem to updated to newest firmware except that they can not go back to previous firmware.   

I'm the only one having the problem to dial out due to the phone not register to the net work, out of the service area after the new firmware.  I talked to Fido, they said it's hard ware problem, they can not register my phone on their network because this is not Fido phone..  

But the big problem here is they can not fix it and don't want to return it to me!!!!

So you guys watch out when buying items from this guy.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

You don't really want the non-working (and possibly impossible to fix) phone back.

Seriously.

Settle for a refund and use the money to buy a phone that does work.

Maybe it's you.

Maybe it's the seller.

Maybe it's the holidays- we had Channukah, Christmas and now New Years this month.

Maybe you got a lemon.

Maybe he lost it under that pile of bubblewrap in the mailroom.

Not your problem.

Get the refund.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Thank you for your advice, this is a good lesson for me.  Doesn't matter what happen, at less he should give me an answer or a solution, he just ignore my message that's make me very disappointed, Ebay should have an email or phone support to complain this kind of seller to prevent it happen to the other people

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Possibly.

But it could be a problem for some members.

http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/nhs-enm/2011/as-sa/99-010-x/99-010-x2011001-eng.cfm

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

So... did you get your refund? What is the PayPal claim saying?

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

First they suggested to contact the seller, I send a message to the seller and as before they didn't respond, so after 4 days I went ahead to make a claim and waiting for PP to decide what I should do next.(PP may need to contact the seller before they decide)

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Finally I got refund from Paypal, thank you all for your helps especially reallynicestamps for the resolution.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply