Hi everyone, it’s Andrea.

I've recently taken on a new role as the CMO and VP of Seller Engagement for North America (more on that below). For those who may not be aware, I started my career at eBay Canada and the community members here are dear to my heart. I'm excited to continue supporting Canadian members' interests as part of the North America Leadership Team as well as in my new role.  I look forward to continuing to work with you and I promise to share updates along the way!

In 2020, our seller community grew and succeeded in astounding ways despite the pressures imposed by a global pandemic. When buyers turned to eBay in search of what they urgently needed, our sellers were working round the clock to list and ship as quickly as possible. Our phenomenal Q4 results are proof that your grit and effort make a real difference.

Now, more than a month into 2021, we continue to benefit from tremendous momentum. An astounding 70% of people are now shopping online.

Our ability to seize this opportunity depends, as always, on the partnership with our sellers—a partnership built on connectivity and communication. This is why eBay's seller community is so integral and why I want to ensure it continues to grow and flourish.

When we foster true partnership and community, we

•       Create deep, meaningful connections.
  •       Keep you up-to-date with information and inspiration to help you run your      business.
  •       Connect you with your community of like-minded sellers.
  •       Listen to and respond to your feedback.

Seller Events

While we miss seeing you in person, this year’s slate of virtual events will bring us all together, wherever we are.

To make this a reality, I’m delighted to announce a new site for eBay Seller Events. A platform specially built to host our virtual events, the site features easy registration and a calendar for all our 2021 events. It’s a one-stop shop for all seller events.

Speaking of events, here’s what you can expect this year:

eBay Open Online

I have the huge pleasure of announcing that one of sellers’ favorite events is returning in 2021!

Mark your calendars, save the date, and get excited: eBay Open Online is coming to you August 3-5. And this year, it’s100% free!

Get ready for everything you love about eBay Open, all online. Expect insightful executive presentations, deep learning in breakout sessions, networking opportunities, and A LOT of fun.

eBay Open took a one-year hiatus in 2020 as we worked our way through the pandemic, but I cannot wait to take part in eBay’s largest seller event this year. Invitations and more details are coming this May.

I also want to mention that in 2021, eBay Open will be replacing eBay UpFronts. Traveling to cities around North America to meet sellers in their hometowns is a core part of UpFronts, and we hope to resume these incredible events as soon as it is safe for everyone to do so.

Monthly Seller Check-Ins

The entire seller community is invited to join us at monthly Seller Check-Ins to hear the latest marketplace and product updates from eBay leaders, get tactical selling tips, and discover how we’re bringing you new buyers. Plus, we answer your questions live.

These virtual Seller Check-Ins give sellers access to executives and industry experts in ways that would have been hard to come by before the pandemic.

If you haven’t already registered for the next Seller Check-In, coming up February 24, please do so now, and stay tuned for check-ins designed specifically for Canadian sellers in March.

Seller Meetings

One of the greatest parts of the eBay community is how sellers support one another.

Seller Meetings are led by sellers in local communities around North America and are designed to help you grow your business and create lasting relationships with other eBay sellers. Find your local chapter to connect with like-minded sellers in your area.

Don’t see a nearby chapter? Use your knowledge to inspire sellers by starting your own Seller Meeting; we’re now accepting applications!

eBay Community

eBay Community is a vibrant hub of knowledge and inspiration, where eBay enthusiasts gather to learn and make connections. With over 840 thousand registered members in Canada, the Community offers invaluable advice across thousands of discussion threads, forums, and groups.

The Seller News Announcement board is the place for sellers to get the most up-to-date news on what you need to know and what you need to do. Make checking the board part of your routine, and learn about:

•       Protections for service disruptions
  •       eBay news
  •       Marketplace updates from Jordan Sweetnam
  •       Inspiring seller stories, plus their personal tips and tricks for success

Our weekly Community Chats give sellers the chance for real-time talk with eBay staff. The chat opens on Tuesdays, with staff working on replies on Wednesdays.

eBay for Business

If selling on eBay is your business, I encourage you to make eBay for Business part of your success plan.

Tap into seller stories, practical tips and tricks, and advice from other sellers, wherever and however you like to learn. Whether it’s on your Facebook feed, in engaging videos on YouTube, or on our podcast as you pack orders, eBay for Business is all about meeting you where you are.

Connect with us at:

Seller Updates

As always, we will continue to sync with you several times a year to announce changes, initiatives and other impacts to your business.

As I wrote when Jordan announced my new role as VP of Seller Community, I am committed to our sellers, and I am delighted to be a part of your community. I look forward to all of these opportunities to connect with you and learn from you this year.

Thank you for selling on eBay.

Andrea Stairs

CMO and VP of Seller Community