Hello Canadian Sellers,

Tomorrow we mark a key milestone in the move to end US dollar (USD) selling support on eBay.ca. As of June 14th, 2016, sellers will no longer be able to create new USD listings, or relist existing USD listings, on eBay.ca.

The eBay Canada team has been encouraged by the pace of listings migration — and particularly, that so many of you have chosen to list in Canadian dollars (CAD) on eBay.ca. As you know, our data shows that Canadian sellers perform better when listing in CAD, even if most of their buyers live outside Canada.

Many of you have taken advantage of the eBay Listing Migration Tool to move or convert your listings. Your quick and helpful feedback after the tool’s initial launch in May resulted in a number of upgrades, which were launched in early June.  If you have not already done so, I encourage you to check out the final version of the tool and try using it to migrate any remaining non-compliant listings you may have.

As we approach this next milestone, I want to underline how appreciative we are of the work you have done to update your listings. For many of you this has been a difficult adjustment, requiring the investment of time and effort to migrate or convert your listings. On behalf of the Canadian team, I want to acknowledge the work involved and thank you for your commitment to the eBay Marketplace.

Andrea Stairs