CAN SOMEBODY FROM EBAY HELP ME HERE ??? PLEASE !!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

for_baby_and_you
Community Member
English is my second language... so maybe this is why I don't understand some of those changes 😞

I see a lot of sellers getting upset over those changes but eBay is ignoring us 😞 but maybe you could take a few moments and try to explain some things to us?

Why accurate item description is bad? I always thought that it was good if I describe my item accurately 😞 so what is the difference between accurate and very accurate?
Why eBay think that is bad if my customer is satisfied with communicating with me? Again I always thought that if my customer is satisfied I did a good job.

I do my shipping every day... but my ratings are below quickly 😞 should I start shipping 3 or more times a day? Seriously what should I do to be considered very quick ?

And this one I'm not getting at all... if I offer free shipping, why my customers are asked if my shipping charges are reasonable? and if they find free shipping reasonable, why my ratings go down?

I did check in English dictionary, and according to it neural is not the same as negative If you don't believe me you can check it by yourselves... or maybe I was looking in wrong dictionary? please help me understand why neutral is same as negative?

I hope you VIP in eBay will not ignore me...

Kasha

Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

lina-mallows
Community Member
whoscloset- Am I not mistaken in believing you also sell under another eBay ID?
And, apparently you are offering the same items, with the same shipping and handling charges for those identical items- for both of your ID's.

If differentiating the S/H works for the 'seller' you are complaining about- as they are having a perceived advantage- why haven't you tried the same the same thing?

By simply cloning one site, to create another- why would you expect the end result to be any different?
i.e.- same items- same s/h- potentially same customers- same FB- and DSR results.

So, you will likely get the SAME RESULT- and it costs you TWICE the eBay listing (and store) fees- does this make sense to anyone ???
Message 41 of 77
latest reply

Hi Monique,

As a buyer I do not like Best Match.

The only reason I like it as a seller is because our listings come out way ahead that way.

Having said that, I am with you. A newbie with no DSRs to draw/him her down will place above a reputable seller such as you.

It is hilarious to see the "0" newbie on top, followed by another newbie ( 😉 ), all the listings days to close and only then the listings from established sellers; listings that close within hours.

eBay needs new sellers and buyers, is afraid of discouraging newbies and has the oldies "hooked" and "parked" anyhow. A naive way to drum up business, IMO.

Xena
Message 42 of 77
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
You are not mistaken. As I have recommended to others, I have begun to develop secondary id's to retain a positive position in Best Match.

It is EXACTLY what I am referring to in the above post. I have been able to attain top search results in core listings by using a BUYING ID that had ZERO selling FB on it. If I was a scammer this would be an ideal situation.

I am not currently listing in core under my PS id as the listings are disadvantaged at the present time due to a 4.5 shipping charge 30 day DSR. My listings use my logo and template style in order to assure my many loyal customers that the items they are finding in core search are those of a seller they have come to trust.

I don't understand how you think this is costing me additional fees, or that I am getting the same result in Best Match...but then again I don't understand much of your "logic".

Monique

Message 43 of 77
latest reply

PS:
It is a violation of eBay policy to have a direct link in a listing to take one to an off-site store.

Xena
Message 44 of 77
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Who's that PS addressed to?

I have another comment for Miriam to throw at TPTB re UPI. You guys are letting negs stick if a buyer pays you but makes up their own amount. Again, that's wrong.

I had a buyer in the UK pay me with $2 or $3 shipping, I forget but it was the wrong shipping cost. I sent her an EOA email with shipping to her but she still made up her own amount. I refunded, reinvoiced to hear nothing. I file UPI she plays games with me in the dispute panel.

How much is shipping? I answer & send an invoice. How much is shipping? I answer & send an invoice again. How much is shipping? I give up. Close it and get FVF, she gets a strike then she negs me saying she paid. Oh and this was 41 days after she bought the thing. I believe I gave her enough time, don't you?

What kind of crap is that? You guys are allowing people that make up their own shipping cost & then neg the seller to get away with destroying someone's business. WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! You should not allow the neg to stay for someone who pays but pays the wrong amount. It opens it up to anyone to pay a seller $1 and say well....I paid so NEG for you with absolutely no recourse.

I mean...come on already. That's wrong!

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!

When you find doing what's right hard to do - you've got a problem.
Message 45 of 77
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Xena, you might want to explain that better to seller hdanimal and the folks at eBay. This guy has his website URL in every one of his listings and has for the past month and a half that I've noticed.

eBay does NOTHING!

Message 46 of 77
latest reply

I merely wanted to point out to Monique that, if she wanted, she could have some of her competitor's listings pulled for listing violations.

However, she might already be aware of that. I have no stake in salt lamps and am not about to become eBay's cyber cop.

Xena
Message 47 of 77
latest reply

Monique,

Has this worked for you listing with a second id ? Do buyers buy from "o" feedback ? I just might start a few auctions.

Thanks for your input.

Frederic
Message 48 of 77
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Has this worked for you listing with a second id ?

It's working better in core than my PS id at the moment. LOL I expect it to improve even more as the sales and FB climb on that id.

Developing multiple selling ids so you are insulated against a bad 30 day DSR on one is pretty much the only way I can find to ensure that your listings are protected on ebay at the present time. It's not like they are attaching any value to your years of excellent product and service.

Monique

Message 49 of 77
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
I don't see a link in his listings to anywhere but his ebay store. Could be wrong with him though...not like it would be the first time he did that. LOL

Monique

Message 50 of 77
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
whoscloset= "I don't understand how you think this is costing me additional fees, or that I am getting the same result in Best Match...but then again I don't understand much of your "logic"."

SIMPLE MATH- you have ONE store- so no extra cost.
If you sell ONE SINGLE item- it doesn't matter which store- as the END VALUE fees will be the same.

HOWEVER- IF an ITEM is listed in TWO PLACES- at the same time-
THAT'S TWICE THE LISTING FEES!

So- YES- having a SECOND ID IS COSTING YOU MORE IN eBay LISTING FEES!

SUGGESTION- DIVIDE the listing between the TWO ID's. So that some items are under ONE- and different ones are under the other. I will note you do have MULTIPLE for identical items- closing at similar times- under the same ID. If you must LIST the SAME item TWICE- why not just ONCE under each ID?
Message 51 of 77
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Oy

You really have no idea how to market and sell multiples of the same item...so I'm just gonna leave this one alone and let you believe you are right.

Monique

Message 52 of 77
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
The seller that was mentioned with the link to his off eBay store has the link 1/2 way down in the write-up in all but maybe 3 of his listings. When you click on it...you go to an outside site. His write-ups are quite busy and if you don't look carefully, it would be easily missed.

Susan
Message 53 of 77
latest reply

facestation
Community Member
Bottom line is eBay.ca is never treated the same as eBay .com so why all of a sudden do we have to incur the same DSR ratings as them, we ship mostly to the US as, I can bet 99% of sellers in Canada do, we place flyers, stickers on the product, emails upon emails, and even phone calls now! and our DSR ratings for ship times are still 4!, I asked a few buyers and they said, you were so fast so we gave you a 4!

Thats because eBay states to a buyer that a 4 is good for shipping, so why is it bad for sellers, its a double standard that is very deceptive and wrong.

We should have some sort of "leeway" being in Canada, its just not right.

Moez.
Message 54 of 77
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
whoscloset- "Oy

You really have no idea how to market and sell multiples of the same item...so I'm just gonna leave this one alone and let you believe you are right."

OK- So- you'd like everyone to think that they should take marketing advice from someone with 4496 feedback received- including 10 NEGATIVES- and 32 NEUTRALS- and 10 MUTUALLY WITHDRAWN unknown feedback from BUYERS!
THAT'S YOUR OPINION !!! And, you are entitled to it. So you just keep on believing whatever you want.

I'll plead ignorance and utter stupidity with our 3810 feedback received-
including ZERO NEGATIVES from BUYERS- and ZERO NEUTRALS FROM BUYERS with THREE MUTUALLY WITHDRAWN feedback.

STUPID IS- AS STUPID DOES. At the end of the day- I'll just keep on stupidly doing what I'm doing.
Message 55 of 77
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Moez, on the last Town Hall somebody asked that question. They pussyfooted around the answer saying that they don't put text in there because they don't want to guide or steer buyers into thinking a certain way and let them decide the rating for themselves.

It was crap and this Laurie Norrington or whatever her name is didn't answer the question. The caller was very direct. Why do you tell buyers 4 is good but then you judge sellers with a rating of 4 as being bad?

And a Canadian PSer called in too. I forget if it was the May one or the one prior. I listened to them all at once so they blended. But this caller brought up the issue of Canadian sellers having 99% of our sales going outside our country and some sort of leeway should be given or different threshold for DSR's as well as the higher costs of Canada Post vs USPS that Americans are used to.

Again, crap for an answer. She threw back at him what does he think would be good and that US sellers are also disadvantaged because with the lower dollar and higher Euro and others more US sellers are shipping internationally and having the same problem. All she suggested was to tell buyers in the listing and again in emails that the item is coming to you from outside the US border and thus costs more and will take longer to arrive.

That was it. That was their answer. Well, sure that works for most rational people but not for all these folks that don't read the damn listing or even emails!! Then of course the answer after that is oh well, if they neg or neutral you you only have to live with it for a year. Gee thanks! but what if you put me under restrictions before the year is up???

I really don't think these people get it. I just don't.

Message 56 of 77
latest reply

for_baby_and_you
Community Member
Ok, do you want to know what we want?

1. Go back to Ending First and make Best Match an option.

2. Make neutral rating in to neutral rating meaning NO impact on the feedback.

3. DFR:
How accurate was the item description? Inaccurate or Accurate
How satisfied were you with the seller's communication? Not satisfied or Satisfied
How quickly did the seller DISPACHED the item? Slowly or Quickly
How reasonable were the shipping and handling charges? Overcharged or Reasonable

Kasha

Message 57 of 77
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
for_baby_and_you- Not a bad solution! Either you are satisfied- or you aren't. Simplicity at its minimalist best.

The shades of GREY that eBay has created do not mean the same thing to everyone.

I have always wondered how you rate FREE shipping- or instant electronic delivery, as anything but FIVE stars.
However- it appears that many buyers to split hairs- and rate less than FULL FIVE firmly believing that they are leaving excellent ratings.
Message 58 of 77
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
BUMP
Message 59 of 77
latest reply

for_baby_and_you
Community Member
Miriam... are you back in your office yet?
Did have a chance to talk to those "VIPs" X-(
did we made ourselves clear enough or you need more explanation?

I feel ignored again ............. X-(

Kasha

Message 60 of 77
latest reply