CANADA POST CAN ACT LIKE A BUNCH OF NOOBS SOMETIMES

ameroindustries
Community Member
I ship 250+ parcels and about 500+ letter mail a week with CPC i have about 1.5 % damaged or broken items . I do my claims 1 time every 2 weeks , Which would equal about 4 broken parcels . They call me up today and ask if there is any way i could pack them better in larger boxes that would be stupid cost me an extra 600.00 + a week in volumetric weight . They lose about 1% of parcels and about 2.5% of letter mail dont hear me calling them asking if they could stop loseing my mail .

Man they have some nerve i dont think 1.5 % broken rate is bad also im paying full insurance on everything .

Oh ya to top it all off i call and leave 3 messages to the lady who is dealing with this she dosent even return my calls what a noob .
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

"dont think 1.5 % broken rate is bad "

It is.

The overall average of about one tenth of one percent. .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

"dont think 1.5 % broken rate is bad "

It is.

The overall average of about one tenth of one percent.

Interesting coincidence.....these numbers match almost perfectly with eBay seller feedback ratings. Sellers who have a feedback rating of 98.5 also claim "my rating is not too bad" but as we all know a seller with a 98.5 rating is to be avoided.

Centralmetalcorp, if you are shipping that many insured packages, if you are not already doing it I highly recommend third-party insurance. You can get individual coverage or a blanket policy MUCH cheaper and probably have fewer hassles when it comes to claims.

I would suggest DSI.com, they are quite Canadian friendly, they will insure all types of shipments even including lettermail. You can probably get coverage for $0.50/$100 or perhaps even less.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

recped, how about the self-insurance Xena mentioned before? Any 3rd party insurance is a for-profit operation so in average you put in more than you take out.

How about adding an optional Insurance to every Lettermail invoice, starting from $0.10 on $1 shipment to $0.25 on $25 shipment. This way you build-up the virtual account/fund and take the money out of it to cover lost parcels.
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
Ok no problem ill check them out .

Peirre never heard of stamps getting broken in mail ROLF .
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

You can probably get coverage for $0.50/$100 or perhaps even less.

That would work up to 0.5% of lost mail. With central's 1.5% losses they will shortly adjust the premiums to some $4-$5/$100.
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

If you have a big enough sample size (and centralmetal claims to be shipping fairly big volume) then a loss rate of 1.5%+ can't be strictly due to the post office.

Self-insurance is always a good alternative, I imagine centralmetal is already doing something like this although perhaps not intentionally.

How about adding an optional Insurance to every Lettermail invoice

Offering "insurance" for a fee without actually purchasing insurance from a licenced insurer is against eBay policy and also illegal in most jurisdictions.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

then a loss rate of 1.5%+ can't be strictly due to the post office

Of course not! I would say there is probably 1 truly lost mail on 20 false claims.

Offering "insurance" for a fee without actually purchasing insurance from a licenced insurer is against eBay policy and also illegal in most jurisdictions.

That's what I thought, so you just add that to S/H.
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

In aprx. 1,500 shipments, never has one arrived damaged.

Total losses so far:

Canada: 0
USA: 1
Int'l: 9 (of which 8 were Italy)

Canada Post paid for each and every loss and, since I changed my labelling earlier this year, losses to Italy have been zero.

What began as a contingency fund ($1 per shipment) has, admittedly, turned into hundreds of $$ in my pocket every month.

Since my 30-day shipping cost DSR is at "5" I will continue to proceed in this fashion. My cumulative DSR in this category is 4.8 so, I guess, my shipping is being viewed as reasonable.

Xena
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
With about 2500 packages shipped (since 2003)- ONLY ONE has been definitively lost- and a claim was filed, and paid by Canada Post.

HOWEVER- it took Canada Post FIVE !!!!! months- to settle that claim for C$31.oo !!!!!
Message 10 of 20
latest reply

With about 700 plus parcels each year....for 2006 and 2007

Damaged ... nil

Lost... about one per 18 months.

Broken contents... nil

I do ship some very large pieces of art glass... Chalet primarily... and pottery.

Not a single one piece of glassware broken... special packing... double box

Canada Post settled both claims made.... in the past three years.

Have always used Canada Post.... with about 3000 parcels shipped in total since the start of selling on eBay.

Claim are easy if you are with Ventureone...
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
For the last 30 days
1200 Shippments
Broken items 8 items
Lost Items 3

Total Insurance paid approx 2000.00

Total Claims Cost approx 600.00

= cpc profit on Insurance 1400.00 + dollars

Only have problems if i get a Zealot handling the claim typically some foreigner .

Oh well havent had a problem since . I better not there getting about 30k+ a month from me in postage

Im doubling my mailings by the end of june . Going from 1000-1200 parcels to 2000+ parcels a month .

There gonna cry when i give them 25 damaged claims a month OH NO ! NOOO not 25 damaged claims outta 2000 + Parcels that would be just wacko !

Some cpc agents are noobs or grew up in some 3d world country where 1 dollar will feed them for half a week and will argue with me about a 20.00 claim .
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a third party insurer for parcels coming into Canada from overseas (in this case, from Germany)?

Neither DSI or U-PIC insures parcels that don't originate in the US or Canada.

Thanks,
Lisa
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
What is a noob??
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Maybe it's someone who pays $2000 insurance premiums for $600 in losses?

Message 15 of 20
latest reply

How about someone who pays $1000-$2000 insurance premiums for NOTHING in losses. That would make 95% of Canadians noobs since vehicle insurance is mandatory, but statistically only a few have accidents.
Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Thankfully shipping insurance is not required by law 😉

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Is there a way to remove the basic $100 insurance from Small Packets and Expedited Parcels? I don't think CanadaPost offers such possibility. With USPS the insurance is a separate service, not so with CanadaPost.
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Why would you want to?

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Why would you want to?

I don't want to, just curious how OP calculated how much he pays for insurance if it's embedded inside the service.
Message 20 of 20
latest reply