China Post

Hello, 

I bought an item at the beginning of November, it is now January 3rd, 2015. I have been in contact with the buyer constantly, but I am starting to feel like I am getting the run around. I was told on the 20th that it was in Richmood, which I can only assume is Richmont. 

This is the tracking number I was given: YC327926175YW. With this I was told to track it with 17track, but from the very beginning it has yet to work. I asked him multiple times about the status of my item but keeps telling me he has a username and password to track it and nothing else he can give me.

My question is what do I do now, is there a way to track this elsewhere. I messaged him again last night, but he has yet to reply to me. I'm not familiar with this sort of tracking #. The last track I was able to get off a random tracking website, which with my luck can no longer find, was that it had departed Shanghai 2 days after I had ordered it. 

Thank you.

I should have known as after you place an order he requests that you do not leave negative feedback no matter what as ebay will punish him. Very frustrated. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

China Post

Tracking is useless for the buyer. All it causes is frustration.

For the seller it is very important, because a tracked package can be proved to have been delivered, ending a false Item Not Received claim by a sketchey buyer.

You could try putting that tracking number into the canadapost.ca site and see where it is. If it is in Canada, it will be delivered Real Soon Now.

However.

You have 45 days from purchase to start an Item Not Recieved claim. Go to Help & Contact in the upper right hand corner of this page. On the drop down menu, click on Resolution Centre.

INR is the default.

Your first instruction will be to contact the seller. You have already done that so go on to escalating the claim and get your refund.

If the seller cannot show delivery, and does not refund voluntarily, Paypal will refund you and go after him for the money. There will be other fallout for him.

If 45 days have already passed, you cannot get a refund through eBay.

Instead, go to the credit card you really paid with. (PP is just a mediator) Phone the 1-800 customer service number and ask about a chargeback. The clerk will need your transaction details to complete your refund.

You have up to 60 days to leave feedback. The most effective feedback is calm and factual. 'paid Nov5, INR Jan4. runaround by seller.' for example.

You will also be asked to leave the much more important Detailed Seller Ratings. The lowest Rating is ONE star.  No rating is a free pass.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

China Post

Hello , Did you receive your package yet ? I also purchased items from a seller and it had a similar tracking # ( YC----YW) I believe this is the same shipping company used , Yanwen . I ordered in August 2014 and the Yanwen site said it was delivered to a Canadian airport but I am unable to track it after that as both tracking #s provided are not valid anywhere but their site . I tried Canada post , China post ect. I even tried to contact the airline it was sent on to no avail. The seller said he re shipped the order in Dec 2014 with no tracking # this time and that never showed up either. Sadly I trusted the seller as we had great communication until now , No response from him at all as of January and the Ebay and Paypal protections have both run out . I contacted Ebay and they said to do a charge back on my credit card. Please let me know if you found a way to track it after it arrived in Canada . Here is the Yanwen tracking site if you need it. Cheers 🙂 http://track.yw56.com.cn/en-US/
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

China Post

Hi there.  Another buyer with problems with items coming from China.  You mentioned that your tracking showed the item arrive at what you thought was Richmont.   I do believe that would  be Richmond, B.C.   Many shipments if not all coming from China to Canada go through the Richmond mail sorting centre.  When it comes to tracking numbers provided by the sellers I don't think these numbers track anything.  They don't seem to ever work.  Items from China also take forever to be delivered most times and sometimes never arrive.  I have had  to deal with a couple of sellers as of late one of which refunded my money as soon as I contacted them and the other not until I got pay pal involved.  When and if I deal with Chinese sellers I cross my fingers and hope for the best.   One item did eventually arrive which  I repaid and the other is out there somewhere never to be seen again.  Keep in mind also that when we are awake here in North America it's bed time in China and so they're responses to emails will be delayed.  As you have found out sometimes they don't respond at all.  You might want to try to get your purchase price back through your credit card.  Good Luck!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply