Chuckle (mabye) for the day....

Exact eBay message within an "Item I received is not as described:" message

"i want the consumer to take orders, ant i love it."

I doubt he even has it yet because it was only mailed on Monday the 18th and he's in the US.....so who knows what the message is!!!

I sent back a note asking if he could explain better so I can help him with it in english and simplified Chinese (he bought some Chinese stamps so I'm making a guess).

Given the command of the english language, it is probably a premonition of further problems when the stamps do get there.....sigh.......

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

For those who like "closure" this is what I got back today... within an "Item I received is not as described:" message again....

"i put somethiong to give back to you, beause all the old stampa,i like too"

Sigh....not sure what to do now, I don't want to provoke more conversation, it looks like he might be happy so I am just going to leave it as is. He hasn't left me feedback yet but he has for other purchases from other sellers, although sometimes it was neutral with "very satisfied" as the wording. So the "item I received is not as described" venue is probably just the way he's using to send his notes to me....it doesn't look like he is very ebay procedures conversant......every day is a new adventure!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

cbsalesnb
Community Member

It looks to me like he's thanking you for the stamps that he likes. That's an interesting one.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Another addendum.... last couple days I've had a fellow from Turkey who purchased a lot, hasn't paid for it yet and is using the "I haven't received my item yet" form/process to ask questions about the lot he just purchased  (he wants me to ship it to him for free which I wont).

I'm surprised that he can use that form when he hasn't paid and hasn't marked it as payment sent....and I haven't marked it payment received.....

As with the fellow below his English is very poor...sigh.....

I offered to cancel the transaction if the doesn't want to buy it any more (crossing my fingers that he does because Turkey is always a high risk place to send stuff....)

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

OMG as my daughter would text, this is just getting worse....

The original guy now sends me this message under the ebay message of "Request to change an order":

"in three dags dogs you will receie the product hack please return mg morug once i return the producft"

Then comes another message, again under the  ebay message of "Request to change an order":

"i heve sent three days I own freight send $18"

So now, it looks like it is coming back.... I would like to know what language this fellow speaks so I can send something so he can respond in a way that I understand. It looks like he also wants me to pay the $18 it cost him to send it back....sigh..... I'm going to try just refunding in full (as I said I would after the first message) and keep my fingers crossed..... I suspect I'm going to end up with a negative out of this no matter what I do anyway......

Arrghhhhhh......

Message 5 of 5
latest reply