Cross Border Shipping Help (Point Roberts)

I am looking to drive cross-border to ship items, and want to make sure I have the details correct.  I saw an outdated link in another thread so I was hoping someone doing this could help clear things up and answer questions.

What I've from reading online (is this true?):

1. You can drive as many packages you want across the border as long as each order is under $200 US and the total is under $2500 US otherwise you should use a customs broker.

2. You have to pay an $11 fee at the Point Roberts border to drive these goods in.

3. You need a manifest of items.

Questions:

1. Could someone tell me what sort of manifest I need to bring in (maybe point to an example)? 

2. Should I bring copies of every auction to prove they were under $200?  Every Paypal invoice?

3. Are there any other gotchas I should know about?

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Cross Border Shipping Help (Point Roberts)

Why don't you let books to the borders do it for you.  She picks up the parcels at specific locations around town and will drive them to the US to mail.  You will have to put the postage on.  if you want more info email me and I will give you her number.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I've heard of them..

but also would like to know the procedure for doing it.

I live close to Point Roberts, and would prefer not to share all the details of my business if I can do it myself.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Hi  jrsales  Manifest 7533 is needed just google it should come up

Yes you do need proof of sale off of ebay for each item

I cross once a week at Abb. to Sumas on foot, it is a 5 min. walk for me

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

And do not close your packages as they will tear them open to inspect each one.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Thanks so much, I will look it up!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

What sort of proof of sale do you include, the full auctions, Paypal receipt?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Good morning

On your left is items to be shipped in your ebay  page I print this page before I start printing labels once you start printing labels they start to disappear from the page,

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Most of the time they don't ask for this info but then you always get one officer that does ask & if you don't have this they can turn you back. Don't give this page to them unless they ask for it. They will ask for proof of sales
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Shipping out of the US is fairly simple.

I would recommend stopping into the US Customs Office at the border. They will give you all the information required along with examples of forms required and when to use them.

You are correct with the fee: $10.75 commercial fee for picking up or shipping business related goods.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply