Delay the impact of new store fees.

whoscloset
Community Member
Hi all,

This info appeared on the US PSer's board. Just thought I'd share it here for those who haven't had a look over there:

The Announcement of January 12th:

"Items that are scheduled to begin on eBay.com or eBay Motors after midnight Pacific Time on February 18, 2005 will be charged based on the new fees. "

Basically, all store inventory listings on the site prior to February 18th will be charged FVF based on the current (old) fee schedule.

The date the new (higher) Store FVF schedule goes into effect is not February 18th but whenever you list or relist or renew a store listing after February 17th.

Some sellers may benefit from listing prior to February 18th store items for 120 days (90 days on .ca), allowing them the benefit of the current (old) fee schedule until the end or completion of their listings.

Here is confirmation of this from the Stores Team:
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jsp?forum=21&thread=410450297&modified=1106773195788

How to convert your store listings from GTC (Good Till Cancelled) to 120 days (90 days on .ca)?

There are many ways.

If you only have a few listings, the exercise may not be worth your while. In fact, you may decide that paying 60% more rent for your eBay store after February 18th is not worth it.

For those with many listings generating substantial sales from your eBay store, look at it this way:
For every $1,000 in sales, you will save $27.50 (5.25% instead of 8.0%) in Final Value fees. If you sell $5,000 in the four month period from mid February to Mid June, you will have saved $137.50, etc....

In mid February (before the 18th) you can "end early" your listings and either "relist" or "sell similar" individually with 120 day duration. If you take two minutes per listing, you can do 30 or so an hour.

Others may use the Selling Manager Pro and close their listings, bulk revise and relist all store items.

Others may upload all store listings to Turbo Lister, close the store, reopen it and bulk revise and relist all store items.

Monique

Monique

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

shoplineca
Community Member
I dont operate an eBay store although I had intended to open one in January until I saw the price increase and felt shafted by eBay who did such a fall promotion of their stores to ure people in before putting in a price increase.

All that aside, does anyone know why the US are allowed 120 days for price protection and the Canadians only 90 days?

Is this a technical glitch or another pi$$ on Canada thing by the big US eBay?

Malcolm

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
I have no idea "why", but ebay allows store owners to list items in their store inventory on ebay.com for 120 days and on .ca for only 90 days. It's always been this way. I guess just another benefit to listing on the .com site.

I closed my .ca store and re-opened on .com during my summer lull. It has paid off with a large increase in hits and sales out of the US.

Monique

Monique

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

eserafini2
Community Member
No glitch Malcolm 🙂
Message 4 of 4
latest reply