Global Shipping Program Revenge

I have read hundreds & hundreds of comments about the Global Shipping Program.

All comments were from Canadian shoppers & approx 95% of them were negative.

From the 5%, 4% were neutral & 1% was positive.

Of the 1% of the positive comments, they came mostly from the same few posters.

I have just thought up a brilliant plan for Canadians who just detest this GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM:

I plan to have a CANAM Global Shipping Program instituted myself.

My neighbor across the street has agreed to be my Shipper.

His name is Mr. Pit Bull.

All items purchased from the USA from me will provide the following advantages to the USA buyer:

(1)  No duty or taxes will need to be paid upon reception of parcel as I will assess the approx duty & remit the amount it to a worthwhile Charity.

(2)  An approximate shipping cost will be stated in my ebay description.

Depending of the final sale price, I will revise the shipping cost.  If it is sunny outside, I will only add a little to my original shipping cost.   If raining, the extra shipping cost may be a bit more than expected.

ie  For sending 1 Comic Book which sold at $2 to the USA, the shipping cost will be $50.

*Reason it is $50 is that I must first send it to my neighbor.

*a bit of the $50 must go to my neighbor as they won't do this for free for me

*When they receive the package, they will open it & repackage it as they see fit.

*No matter that my neighbour doesn't care much about Comic Books & they may even read it first before repacking it & may even unknowingly damage the collector comic.

*Then they will send it as soon as they can to the buyer, hopefully a week after I first mailed it.

*They may even remove some of the cardboard protection that I originally placed in the parcel I mailed.  This of course is to minimize the weight & up their profit margin

(3)  Any potential problems with the comic will be directed at my neighbor.  No matter that they know zilch about comics.

(4)  Tracking can be provided if the buyer wishes, but it will be another $12 on top of the original $50.   No matter if the original price of the comic is only $2.

PROBABLE RESULT IS THAT I MAY NOT SELL TOO MANY THINGS TO THE USA UNDER THIS PROGRAM.

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, MY NEIGHBOR MAY BE GIVING ME MUCH BETTER XMAS GIFTS NOW THAN IN THE PAST.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Global Shipping Program Revenge

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Re: Global Shipping Program Revenge

Whoops...let's try that again.

I use GSP as a buyer (14 purchases.) 

I use GSP as a seller (far more transactions.)

In my view, GSP is a tool.  When seller and buyer know how to use it to advantage, it's great.  Like everything on ebay, it's a steep learning curve.

I am now in the habit of checking seller preferences for all selling IDs weekly.  Why?  Ebay likes to changes things up....especially when it comes to GSP. 

There are two versions of GSP I've seen:  "Full GSP" and "GSP Light." 

Full GSP (as I call it) ships to all GSP countries.  GSP Light ships to predominantly English speaking countries.  Another selling ID has Full GSP for sales of heavy items -- vintage clothing weighing 4 pounds, vintage pottery etc.  I do not use GSP Light, unless ebay changes the setting and I don't catch it in time.

Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico can be as challenging as international locations for shipping heavy items.  Since there is no ground shipping option, all items go by air.  Domestic shipping charges to Zone 8 destinations weighing 2+ pounds (that don't fit into a LFRB) get very costly quickly.  People get upset by paying high air transport costs when mainland costs ship for far less.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply