How can i pay for an item without us credit card?? I'm new to this need help plz!

shrekonsc
Community Member

I bid for an item from ebay.com and i missed the part that says US credit card only but he accepts paypal. I won the bid and i cant pay for the item through paypal because my credit card is from canada but i have a mailbox in the states for items shipped only to the US but i cant pay for it, is there another way to pay for the item without using a US credit card?

Thx for the help it's my second week on ebay and having troubles.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

How can i pay for an item without us credit card?? I'm new to this need help plz!

scifan57
Community Member
Four of the items in your purchase history only ship to the United States. The sellers of those items do not have to ship to you if they choose not to. You can ask if they will make an exception and ship to you, but they are not required to agree. If they won't ship to you, all you can do is ask if they will send you a mutual cancelation request which you will tell them you will agree to. Before bidding on or buying your next item on eBay, check whether or not the seller will ship to Canada before you do anything else.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I take it you are having the items sent to your US address right?

Phone paypal and ask them why you are having trouble.  I usually like to pay with a charge card and go around my paypal account, I go into the bottom area where it says "don't have a paypal account" and just put in my credit card info so it doesn't use my paypal balance.  Try doing that and see if it takes your Canadian card.  I would think that you can pay with any valid charge card because I've had people pay for items in the UK that were shipping to Russia and I, the seller, am in Canada so that's three countries....

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Does your seller accept credit cards directly or only through Paypal?

PP charges a fee to US sellers who accept international payments, which is another reason why many will not accept international sales.

Start by contacting the seller. Communication solves many problems.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

shrekonsc
Community Member

He will only accept paypal and only accept US credit cards one of my friends telling me to do bank transfer to my paypal would that work or anyone have a better suggestion??

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

if he accepts paypal and you have your bank account attached to your paypal you can make a direct payment to him with your bank account if you transfer money into your paypal you have to wait a few days for that to clear before you can pay, if you pay him directly then he sees the payment there.  Not sure if you will have the same issues as with the US vs Canada charge card though if it's a Canadian account

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

The seller is still going to get hit with the extra fee for an International sale.

Since apparently most of your purchases were not for sale outside the USA, even though the seller set up his listings incorrectly, contact him and ask him to allow you to pay for them. He may have to specifically remove your from his Blocked Bidder list.

If he is unwilling, apologize for your error, and it was your error, and tell him you will agree to a Mutual Cancellation. This will free you from the transaction without penalty.

The alternative is that since you cannot pay, you can be hit with Unpaid Item Strikes.  Two strikes make it very difficult to bid on eBay and you have apparently more unpayable purchases than that.

BTW, the seller can also hit you with an Unwelcome Bidder Report.

Never bid without a firm shipping quote to Canada.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

the seller isn't shipping internationally, she has a US mailing address.  The issue is how to get them paid for.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply