I cant relist my items because they are still in US dollars and will not convert

2 problems

I cant relist my old unsold items as they will not convert to Canadian dollars now required by ebay.ca

When I try as bulk relisting it also does not allow me to convert as there is no convert option there and just shows listings have errors and does not allow it to go further.

Another problem is all the help tools to contact ebay to solve this problem are phone options only, no email for some stupid reason. I do not have a phone service that will call out of country without a large fee on my phone provider. So now I am stuck using this discussion board.

I'm afraid all the listings will be lost soon as I have been unsuccsessfull for months trying to relist. One relsit function expires at 60 days and another flips to 90 days. It has been more than 60 less than 90 for over 15 listings I am trying to convert

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: I cant relist my items because they are still in US dollars and will not convert

@huntinghonda wrote:

I cant relist my old unsold items as they will not convert to Canadian dollars now required by ebay.ca

When I try as bulk relisting it also does not allow me to convert as there is no convert option there and just shows listings have errors and does not allow it to go further.

The bulk relister is not the tool to use. There is another conversion tool, but I've only seen complaints about it.

If you do not have too many listings. Then convert them one by one.

Open the old listing on one tab/page. And then start a NEW listing on another tab/page.

Copy and paste text that is unchanged from the old listing to the new listing.

Adjust prices and shipping to Canadian dollars.

-..-

@huntinghonda wrote:
Another problem is all the help tools to contact ebay to solve this problem are phone options only, no email for some stupid reason. I do not have a phone service that will call out of country without a large fee on my phone provider. ...

The ebay numbers provided are not considered out of country (at least not the ones I've seen). But if you have a cellphone where you pay by the minute then the cost will add up.

-..-

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: I cant relist my items because they are still in US dollars and will not convert

Edit each listings separately...

change currency from US to Canadian dollars.

Adjust item price.

Adjust all shipping cost... Canada, US and Elsewhere.

Then load to eBay Canada.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

Adjust item price.

Which is true for the old advanced seller form, I just assumed that the OP didn't have access to that seller form.

To OP (original poster):

Select "Sell similar" for a listing -- if Choose a currency shows on the selling form then you have the old advanced selling form and are good to go. Set the currency to Cdn$ and adjust the rest of the listing then continue and relist.

Repeat for each listing that you want to convert.

-..-

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

There is NO function available or viewable any longer on these listings to edit the currency. I changed a few listings months ago but did not have time to do the remainder back then. Now the function is not available individually or as bulk relistings. I can't use sell similar either as it assumes the same US funds without ability to change. I have the few listings still selling OK from what I converted

@cumos55 wrote:

Adjust item price.

months ago

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

There is NO function available or viewable any longer on these listings to edit the currency. I changed a few listings months ago but did not have time to do the remainder back then. Now the function is not available individually or as bulk relistings. I can't use sell similar either as it assumes the same US funds without ability to change. I have the few listings still selling OK from what I converted

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@huntinghonda wrote:

There is NO function available or viewable any longer on these listings to edit the currency. I changed a few listings months ago but did not have time to do the remainder back then. Now the function is not available individually or as bulk relistings. I can't use sell similar either as it assumes the same US funds without ability to change.

My selling form still shows the ability to switch currency -- but I no longer have any old US$ listings on ebay.ca available to test, so I'm sorry to hear that you can't use sell similar anymore.

So back to my original suggestion to convert them one by one.

View an old listing on one tab/page. And then start a NEW listing on different tab/page.

Copy and paste text that is unchanged from the old listing to the new listing.

Adjust prices and shipping to Canadian dollars on the new listing and activate.

-..-

Alternately, the info on the migration tool is here:

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/list-in-cad/migration-tool-usd-listings.html

Check out the first two sections. The first is general info and converting your US$ listings to CA$ is the second section.

-..-

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I import my unsold listings to Turbo Lister and change the currency and/or the site I want to use (change .com to ca or the other way around)o  and then relist. It is a bit slow going, but it works. Once your listings have been imported to TL, you can keep them there for as long as you want.  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@julieo459 wrote:

I import my unsold listings to Turbo Lister and change the currency and/or the site I want to use (change .com to ca or the other way around)o  and then relist. It is a bit slow going, but it works. Once your listings have been imported to TL, you can keep them there for as long as you want.  

If I understand correctly, they will only be accessible until eBay stops supporting turbo lister in June 2017.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply