I registered a package . Buyer did not receive it . What Ebay is supposed to do?

I shipped out in the middle of August  a registered package to China. Package was heavy so I sent it by Surface.  Shipping is very low from Canada to China

Plus, my buyer wanted I wrote a very low value  on the custom form in order to avoid to pay $$$ at the customs , what I did . So I did

On Canada Post.ca, tracking #  just mention that package left Montreal. I called them  of course. Nothing new

Anyway what is Ebay supposed to do? I guess they will refund the buyer despite of the proof of shipping

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I registered a package . Buyer did not receive it . What Ebay is supposed to do?

@stimpsy2 wrote:

I shipped out in the middle of August  a registered package to China. Package was heavy so I sent it by Surface.  Shipping is very low from Canada to China

Plus, my buyer wanted I wrote a very low value  on the custom form in order to avoid to pay $$$ at the customs , what I did . So I did

On Canada Post.ca, tracking #  just mention that package left Montreal. I called them  of course. Nothing new

Anyway what is Ebay supposed to do? I guess they will refund the buyer despite of the proof of shipping

Hi stimpsy2,

Customer Support should be able to provide some information on this for you.

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Asking for a lower value for customs? A good sign of a none too honest person.

Registered Parcels are often targeted by theives, who know that they contain something valuable.

So. Poor judgement on your part.

Your customer had 45 days to file an "Item Not Received " dispute with Paypal. If he backed his PP account with a credit card, it may allow 90 or more for a chargeback for non-delivery.

Never ship Surface. It is too expensive. Not much money up front, but a lot to lose when the item doesn't arrive within a couple of weeks. 

Don't communicate with your buyer. There is a possibliity that he is honest. The last place the bar code was scanned was Montreal, but the parcel is in a container on a ship somewhere on the Atlantic. Maybe through the Suez Canal. And with any luck it won't be stopped in the South China Sea,where there are a lot of pirates. 

He may realize this , maybe, and be content to wait. 

Don't poke a sleeping bear with a stick.  

If he communicates, be polite and friendly, remind him he asked for Surface Shipping, give him the Registration number and the webstite for Canada Post canadapost.ca. Also give him the website for China Post, which is also in English by the way, have you checked them for information about delivery?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply