Is it possible the China Post seizes knives

I bought 2 knives from 2 different chinese sellers, neither one arrived to me, both sellers aggred to re-send the knives and those never arrived either, that's 4 knives lost to China Post.

I'm starting to think that they seized the knives at the customs.

One seller told me China Post was x-ray scanning every packages and it could take longer but other stuff I bought arrived but no knives.

Can I still buy knives from China ?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Is it possible the China Post seizes knives

I don't mean to be mean (ooh, that doesn't sound right) but this is joke isn't it??  If not, you should familiarize yourself with customs, etc.  It's not just China Post that X-Rays packages - they all do.  If I was the one doing the scanning - you wouldn't get any knives period!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Most countries don't worry about what is being exported, it's imports they concern themselves with.

I suspect this problem starts further up the chain, and the seller never sent the knives at all. Check his feedback and his Detailed Seller Ratings, especially feedback that thanks them for "resolving problems".

Never accept replacement when an item has been "lost in the mail". The international postal system is very efficient and while a large number of shipments are lost or delayed the percentage is vanishingly small.

If you do not get your shipment in a timely manner, ask for a refund. If the item shows up after that, you can refund the refund by using Paypal's "Send Money" feature.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

No this is not a joke, I asked this question mainly because I've bought so many knives from China in the past without any problems and this situation seems fairly new.

The one seller that did refund my money was one from whom I've bought knives before, and received them in timely manners.

And I should have said in my first post that these are folding pocket knives, swiss army style, about 3 inch long, not the bowie, hunter or bayonet style that might look odd or threatening in an x-ray machine...

Thanks !

Message 4 of 4
latest reply