June 5th Weekly Board Hour

Hello Canadian eBayers! This week Bryan and I will be answering your questions and reading your comments. Rodney and Kalvin may also join the conversation a bit later.

Start posting at any time, we will start replying at the top of the hour.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: June 5th Weekly Board Hour

My bad, you are right. This is actually something we're trying to change.

Soooo why are Canadian buyers involved?  I don't have any statistics to back me up but based on what I've read on these boards and on the U.S. boards, American sellers using GSP are noticing decreased sales to Canada. ...so neither buyer or seller is benefiting.

Personally, I would like to see  the GSP not cover Canada but if it is here to stay, it would be a step in the right direction for buyers to have an option whether or not they wanted to use it.

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

I have been adding place that I don't ship to using "shipping preferences" and when I upload using TL the countries aren't appearing on my items, eg: item no. 181152119866

What am I doing wrong?

Here is what I can suggest with my limited TL knowledge. Are you using the latest version? It's possible that the disconnect may come from an older TL version.

Beyond that, I'm afraid I can't really say. If that's not the problem, please send me an email with as much detail as possible and I'll try to escalate this internally for you.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

This concludes this week's Board Hour. Thanks everyone for participating, see you next week!

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

With that said, the GSP program has proven to be somewhat advantageous to Canadian buyers for items with a high sale price, which buyers are already expecting a somewhat high shipping price and import charges for.

Translation: As usual, the rich benefit and the poor can go to hell. Smiley Frustrated

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Testing. Is this weekly session locked?

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

Apparently not.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

I haven't read all of the pages, but I would like to point out that the new GSP charges high import fees on products that are made in the USA (Allen Edmonds shoes) and due to NAFTA would not be charged duty when shipping to Canada. This is Ebay fraudulently collecting fees that would never be charged in the first place. 

Message 27 of 27
latest reply