Kinda hard to buy things when you can't see them

paulswo
Community Member

Hey eBay!!!!!     NO IMAGES IN SEARCH RESULTS!!!!  What gives? 

No images appear  in search results or on the My eBay page either regardless of what browser I use.( Firefox, Chrome or IE).  Images do appear when I click on a listing and go to the item's page but no where else. Flash has been updated. All windows updates have been installed. All popup blockers and ad blocking software has been removed or disabled.  I went as far as uninstalling and re-installing Firefox and Chrome to see if that worked. It did not.  There is nothing wrong with my connection speed at all. All of the other websites  I frequent work perfectly with no issues or slow downs. 

The only strange thing is, I can see images on my Tablet and when browsing on my SmartTV.  The TV is on the 5Ghz side of the router but the tablet is on the 2.4 GHz side so it isn't that either. 

So... What's up????  Anybody???

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I have no problem at all seeing all images using my computer with either MS-IE or Firefox.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

that's good.  I am having problems however.

Do you have any suggestions at all.?  You system settings or windows setting etc?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yep E-bay has had issues starting at the End of February for a lot of people...my suggestion is e-mail them or give them a call like the rest of us are doing. No images on any browser as well....oh sorry Safari for Apple works but who the hell uses that anymore. I'm not sure that e-bay is doing upgrades on their system for image software but like I said I have seen a ton of posts regarding the same issue so call E-bay or E-mail them and post the response you get from their customer service so the rest of us can compare what they have told us.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

"... for a lot of people..."

And that is the problem.

eBay works just fine for most users, hundreds of millions of them all over the world.

Somehow, many experience all types of technical difficulties and the sources of the problems are difficult to identify since they do not involve most users.

While many technical problems can usually be identified with the browser being used, or specific internet providers or a specific tool to reach eBay (desktop, smartphone, tablet,  etc...) problems recently seem to come from many different directions.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

This problem is also being reported over on .com on the sellers board.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

And on the Stores board here on dotCA.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

me too. same problem.  i can only see the gallery on my old desktop with older browser...aggravated beyond belief

Message 8 of 8
latest reply