Maybe it is time to Delete the Global Shipping Threads ?

Is it just me or does anyone else think it is time that the threads about the Global Shipping Program were deleted?

They are getting way too long.

Maybe replaced with a simple explanation of how the system works ?

With a tutorial containing some screen captures.

trueQLPDB6CJ.jpg

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Maybe it is time to Delete the Global Shipping Threads ?

Instead of a topic, create a forum for the GSP. Then topics explaining the GSP could be pinned to the top of the forum. Individual topics would be allowed avoiding the mess of combining the individual topics.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

why dont we just delete the whole global shipping program.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I think the two threads should be locked and replaced, but not deleted.

A clear tutorial certainly would be nice (why wasn't there one from the start?) but people will still post about the GSP whether or not a tutorial is in place. The GSP is not only poorly explained, it's also extremely poorly designed, so if the tutorial is to conver every contingency (ha!) then it will have to be very, very long and people won't read the entire thing.

Not having one or two on-going GSP threads will mean that, inevitably, a number of new GSP threads will be started by people who may simply want to rant or who may have a valid point to make. And since eBay seems intent to have all GSP comments/questions/complaints under a couple of umbrella threads, it looks to me like such threads are here to stay.

That being said, the two current ones have indeed run their course. I can see that new posts are being added to the Questions thread but I still cannot see them. Obviously there are people who can read them. I tried it on Firefox, I tried it on Chrome: didn't work. I checked to see if my versions of these two browsers are up-to-date: they are. I cleared my cache: didn't do anything. So how do you get to the newer posts??? The same problem was affecting the Comments thread a few days ago but that seems to be fixed. For the moment anyway.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Instead of a topic, create a forum for the GSP. Then topics explaining the GSP could be pinned to the top of the forum. Individual topics would be allowed avoiding the mess of combining the individual topics.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

A GSP specific Discussion Board

I like that idea

The current Monster Threads could be moved there and locked.

Any new threads started would be individual threads no more Monster ones.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Simply put, that a great idea.  A GSP board with explanatory topics pinned at the top, then whatever number of threads of manageable size asking questions, making comments or, yes, simply complaining. No more mega threads.  It makes so much sense that it will likely never be implemented.

Over on .com, the boards are about to be completely revamped and their number is coming down, not going up. I don't know if such an overhaul is in the plans for .ca but even if it isn't, I doubt that an increase in the number of boards is what they have in mind.

Too bad... Really too bad...

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I like your idea.  One board, five topics - five threads.

1) If you want to  about the "Free Trade Agreement" and paying taxes and duties on your purchases from the USA: post here

2) If you want to  about paying double shipping costs and delivery delays on your purchases from the USA: post here

3) If you want to  about Pitney Bowes because you do not know or understand what service they provide: post here

4) If you want to  about misinformed American sellers using the program when they could ship to you directly: post here

5) If you understand the program and have a question or comment: post here

KISS

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Pierre, I will disagree with you. 5 topics will lead to the  same mega-topics, the same lack of continuity when mods move a new topic into one of those, and new eBayers posting to the forums would not post in those topics and instead start a new one in some forum somewhere only to be moved to the GSP discussion board.

Best to just create a forum discussion board called the eBay Global Shipping Program forum and have topics added by new buyers or old just like in any forum. Topics will die on their own when the OP is satisfied with the answers or the OP never comes back. Key topics could be pinned by eBay (by forum member request) assuming eBay Canada would cooperate in maintaining the pinned topics.

Less work for the mods to move things around and less breaking of the mega-topics from too many posts in them.

I think this would be more KISS than your suggestion. Too much "structure" to your suggestion requiring new ebayers and old eBayers and forum mods to follow.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

EXCELLENT idea - shouldn't bother me as much as it does, but I'm sick of seeing all the threads, which take up so much space on the boards!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Just eliminate the third party shipping scam then we wouldn't have anything to **bleep** about !!!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

That would be fine if anyone at Ebay know how it works and will give benefits and pitfalls. Today they still have not been able to do that, hence why all the posts on it

Message 11 of 11
latest reply