Why am I being shown an option for 'ebay plus' in my Paid and Shipped?

Whatever this is, we don't have it on ebay.ca as far as I am aware so why am I being given the option to 'yes' or 'no' it?

Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 4.23.46 PM.png

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

My guess Is it to show if the buyer is an eBay Plus member?

eBay Plus is a subscription plan currently only available to buyers on ebay.de (Germany)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

http://verkaeuferportal.ebay.de/ebay-plus-program-sellers-english

eBay has introduced a loyalty program for eBay buyers – eBay Plus.

Buyers that sign up for the program enjoy Premium shipping and unlimited free returns for an annual subscription fee of 19.90 Euro.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

My guess Is it to show if the buyer is an eBay Plus member?

eBay Plus is a subscription plan currently only available to buyers on ebay.de (Germany)

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I thought it was some kind of a seller program like Top Rated PLUS. I'll have to read more about it. Thank you for the info.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

http://verkaeuferportal.ebay.de/ebay-plus-program-sellers-english

eBay has introduced a loyalty program for eBay buyers – eBay Plus.

Buyers that sign up for the program enjoy Premium shipping and unlimited free returns for an annual subscription fee of 19.90 Euro.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

It sounds like a version of that PayPal  free return shipping thing we were talking about in another thread.  What's next.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Groan.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:
Groan.

Do note: that only qualified items (from approved sellers) are available for the eBay Plus buyer's extra coverage. Those extra bonus perks do not apply to purchases from non-approved eBay sellers.

A little bit like the A-River's Prime program.

-..-

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Oh right. Personally, I don't do Prime as a buyer. Buying a membership for the privilege to shop somewhere is a choking point for me.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

More than a little.  I'd say precisely the same underlying concept, buyers pay for VIP treatment.  No doubt eBay is floating this trial balloon in its secondary markets to see how it flies.  To extend the metaphor, I hope it crashes down in flames before they consider trying it here.  

I don't like the idea of 2-tier customers (or creating two types of sellers either). 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

More than a little.  I'd say precisely the same underlying concept, buyers pay for VIP treatment.  No doubt eBay is floating this trial balloon in its secondary markets to see how it flies.  To extend the metaphor, I hope it crashes down in flames before they consider trying it here.  

I don't like the idea of 2-tier customers (or creating two types of sellers either). 

Hard to say, but if it does not fly in Germany, it won't elsewhere -- Germany is a good test ground for eBay since it is a compact marketplace where the logistics of the benefits are a good fit.

The A-river likes Prime since it ties customers to them, particularly those customers who have money but are too short on time to spend it wisely (by shopping around).

-..-

Message 10 of 10
latest reply