New Boards

First observations:

1) Why do you show the wrong registration date for posters?  My profile shows 2003 while I was in fact registered with eBay way back in the last century (1998)

2) I noticed that the link shown in some recent posts are no longer linked.

Message 1 of 106
latest reply
105 REPLIES 105

Re: New Boards

@pierrelebel wrote:

The first question on this thread was: "Why do you show the wrong registration date for posters?  My profile shows 2003 while I was in fact registered with eBay way back in the last century (1998)"

The answer provided: "This is when you first signed on to the community. This is not your eBay registration date."

It turns out that is not the answer.  From a thread on eBay.com, a member of the eBay Community Team gave a different answer:

"2003 was when we converted the really old boards to the Live World platform , thats why your date is 2003. Congrats for being such a longtime contributor to the community!"

That makes sense!

If the italicized answer were true, how come everyone does not have the same registration date, since they would have converted the old boards on one particular date?

There is an US member who answered the very first question in the US AC on 11-xx-2002. How come her registration date still shows 11-xx-2002 and not a date in 2003?

Message 101 of 106
latest reply

I still see "one month ago", "2 weeks ago" or "Wednesday" as the "date". Why it hasn't been corrected yet? It's VERY annoying! 😞

Message 102 of 106
latest reply

Lady.stark, change your forum preferences to another time display format.

Message 103 of 106
latest reply

That's what I did when the new forums were first introduced... in fact, that's the first thing I did. Does that mean it changed back by itself to the old format?

Message 104 of 106
latest reply

I just changed it again.... and it still shows as "Wednesday", "Yesterday" or "8m ago". 😞

Message 105 of 106
latest reply

Reboot

Message 106 of 106
latest reply