New Promo Question

Hi All,

I got the new "list 2000 items" promotion (thanks ebay!).

As usual I read the entire fine print included. I was curious about one thing that I didn't see in the inclusions list or the exclusions list. The use of the best offer feature. Whenever they have an auction promo it always specifies whether or not you can use the buy it now feature, but I've never seen a fixed price promo list whether or not you can use the best offer feature.

This is not a feature I have personally made use of but I was wondering if it is allowed on these promotional listings? I do have a couple of items I would think about using it for, but I am wondering has anyone found best offer to be a better choice than just fixed price or auction?  I know there are many variables to consider such as the value and rarity of an item, but I am just curious in general whether it is an effective selling tool.

Cheers!

Heather

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: New Promo Question

73rhc
Community Member
In past promos, I've used it and it was never an exclusion.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If you have a number of items to list, you could try a "test" listing with the "Best Offer" option and see if this promo allows it for free.  

I usually do a test with every promo now because eBay has had promos where sellers were reporting that the fees billed didn't reflect the terms of the promo.  EBay does seem to have difficulty getting these promos right -- including the notification by email (I just got mine today). 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@threebears63 wrote:

Hi All,

I got the new "list 2000 items" promotion (thanks ebay!).

As usual I read the entire fine print included. I was curious about one thing that I didn't see in the inclusions list or the exclusions list. The use of the best offer feature. Whenever they have an auction promo it always specifies whether or not you can use the buy it now feature, but I've never seen a fixed price promo list whether or not you can use the best offer feature.

This is not a feature I have personally made use of but I was wondering if it is allowed on these promotional listings? I do have a couple of items I would think about using it for, but I am wondering has anyone found best offer to be a better choice than just fixed price or auction?  I know there are many variables to consider such as the value and rarity of an item, but I am just curious in general whether it is an effective selling tool.

Cheers!

Heather

Sadly, I did not receive this promo and I could have really used it this time.

Figures!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Since there is no charge for best offer I'm sure that it is allowed for promotions.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the suggestions!  I think I will try a couple of test listings and see how it goes.

Thanks again!

Heather

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

This is odd - I put 30 in the days column and it kicks out and will not list - saying that i need a store to list fixed price store listings. but I received the promo offer and do not have a store .....

Photobucket

Message 7 of 7
latest reply