Problems with Bulk Edit Photo/Internal Errors, Messaging System & Account Balance

I'm experiencing a large amount of "bugs" the last few days....

- The first bug is my account balance that you see at the bottom of the page after listing an item would not stop increasing even after payments of my fees were made.

- When using bulk edit on Wednesday I was getting a tonne on "photo" requirement errors on items showing no photos while in bulk edit but they did have photos when outside of bulk edit. Now you may be thinking ah easy, your photos didn't meet the requirements. The thing is I didn't change anything about them when I got the error message on Wednesday and then yesterday when using bulk edit I got NO photo error messages.....same items, hadn't changed a thing.

- Also in regards to bulk edit, after an initial detail edit, I'm getting large amount of "Internal Error on Application" errors on items. I'm talking about 40 -50 out of 200 showing this error. But then you can just change another detail such as lowering the price and the error will disappear for most BUT also then reappear on items it didn't appear on the first time around!

- The last thing is I'm getting a consistent flow of "The Page is Not Responding" eBay error screens when using the messaging system.

Too many bugs!!!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Problems with Bulk Edit Photo/Internal Errors, Messaging System & Account Balance

In the last couple days I've been getting "page cannot be displayed" half way through individual item relists, about 1 in 5 has been doing this, which is very frustrating.....

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I've had a couple of problems when using sell similar....an error will come up and I have to start again.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

izzame
Community Member

I'm getting everything that you describe and every day this week has been worse than the day before. From start to finish I doing about 10 listings/hr. More bugs = less listings, ebay still fails to comprehend this equation.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Hi PJC, oops really when I say "relist" I mean "sell similar"!

As a note at some point in the future, the failed part way through ones show up as "drafts" at the bottom of my-ebay and I have to delete the drafts...
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I have been getting the same message on Turbo Lister

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I was getting that "Internal Error on Application" error on Bulk Relist too. I think I cancelled and picked a smaller batch. Then, I just gave up and started using Automation Rules to relist instead. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I've been getting a few "internal error to application" too. It's when I'm trying to upload items that I get them, but if I try again the items usually go through without a problem, especially if I do less at a time.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

It's the term 'internal error on application' that makes me nervous. What does it mean? Any other error one might see in Bulk Relist process has some sort of action that you can take that will attempt to resolve it. I tend to avoid things that I don't understand until I do understand them. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

It means there is a service issue with one of Ebay's servers. These tend to show up after the Thursday night updates and clear up shortly thereafter.

I would be very leary of doing anything with Ebay until the Friday afternoon or even Saturday.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Good to know. Thanks. My concern is that the 'internal error' would somehow corrupt my listing or some functionality of it. Like -- and perhaps this is another topic for another thread -- i find my notes periodically disappear on relist. Not Sell Similar but straight Relist. I use Notes to add details about inventory and then, poof, that vanishes. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Off the US boards:

eBay seems to be experiencing some server problems of late. I cannot tell you that for sure, but that is the way it appears. In the bulk relist and FileExchange both, I have been getting "Internal error to the Application." Since FileExchange and the bulk relist are seperate programs, the problem may well reside in server processing load as opposed to any error on the part of the programming packages. This would affect Turbo as well (Sixbit, and any other third party package).

Again, I am just guessing. The eBay IT guys rarely call me to talk about their issues. It has been ...well..a ...Never, yes, that right, never. So the best we can do is to just roll with it.

You might watch your item count in Turbo. Check it against the item count displayed on your My eBay Summary page. Some times when errors occur this way, Turbo gets out of Sync with eBay. To fix, Click on Tools>Options>Advanced options,Synchronization options>Reset. Now Click on Sync. This will compare all of your Turbo items wil the Active items in the eBay databases, and update Turbo with anything that is different (than the live eBay listing). This should also correct any possible data error that may have occurred when the sync had a problem.

Compact!!

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

That is unacceptable! now Feb 2019 and I have been getting these errors too many times -I am trying to discount prices AND FIX shipping policies that eBay keeps over writing with their own made up policy which has resulted numerous times with me losing $ on the ship rate! I am not a happy camper - I cannot wait  24 hours to retry uploading corrections/adjustments to my listings.  I have tried several times over 10 minutes and then Bulk listing also - sometimes bulk listing 3 at once will push the problem listing through, but most often not. - I unfortunately do not have the health or the staff to run down all these issues to see if solutions exist.  My sales were so low in January it looks like my ebay invoice was about 35% of it and that doesn't include Paypal fees. Now these past 2 weeks I am delayed constantly by glitches.....

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 14
latest reply