Question for anyone.

rykkm
Community Member

Can sellers see the exact rating you gave them for a particular transaction, or does it just affect their overall DSR score. Obviously, the feedback, positive, neutral, or negative, is easy to spot, but I was more curious about the number of stars, and if they can see those individual transaction ratings.

Thanks,

Rick

Cuppa Joe!

Rick
"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity" - Frank Leahy
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Question for anyone.

DSRs are meant to be anonymous.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Sellers with nothing better to do attempt to run reports to flush out buyers that give less than 5DSRs.  Some of them go so far as to block anyone giving less than 5DSRs.  

Ebay is doing what they can to prevent this activity.  However, short of discontinuing the ability to run reports, some sellers will continue to try.

Logo photo Logo.gif
Roblin's Garage - Classic Auto Salvage
Demorestville, ON / Scarborough, ON

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

DSRs are meant to be anonymous.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Sellers with nothing better to do attempt to run reports to flush out buyers that give less than 5DSRs.  Some of them go so far as to block anyone giving less than 5DSRs.  

Ebay is doing what they can to prevent this activity.  However, short of discontinuing the ability to run reports, some sellers will continue to try.

Logo photo Logo.gif
Roblin's Garage - Classic Auto Salvage
Demorestville, ON / Scarborough, ON
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Thanks to both of you for info. If I am very happy, or even pretty happy with a transaction, I have no problem issuing 5 stars. Nice to know there is some degree of anonymity if you leave positive feedback, but not full 5 star ratings.

Rick

Cuppa Joe!

Rick
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

What is with the Green back ground ?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

That means that the OP clicked on the "Accept as Solution" button. When you're the thread OP, it shows up below the Reply button.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Not Saint Paddys day yet then

Smiley Surprised

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

It's not that easy being green.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

If you are content with the transaction, please do leave five stars. Sellers, especially new or occasional sellers, are very hard hit even by a four star rating.

If a seller's DSRs drop below 4.3, her ability to list and to sell are severely restricted.

Be honest in your evaluations, of course, but you don't need to be ecstatic to leave a Five Star rating. "Meh" still deserves a fiver.

Or don't leave any stars. That's a free pass. Doesn't help, doesn't hurt.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I had not bought or sold anything until recently for about 5 years. Don't think or remember DSR's back then. I tend to agree to err on the side of caution when issuing ratings, but what you said about being honest is also important. 

Cuppa Joe!

Rick
Message 10 of 10
latest reply