Refund Emails

I recently had to request a  refund for a fraudulent micro sd card.   Today I received emails from ebay and paypal saying that the refund had cleared and the funds should be refunded in my paypal account.   However this was not correct information.  Because I use my credit card through paypal they have apparently issued the refund to my credit card.  I have no issue with the refund going back on my credit card.  What I do take issue with is receiving misleading emails from both ebay and paypal saying the funds have cleared and should be in my paypal balance.  As of this writing there is nothing in my paypal or credit card statements that would indicate I have received said refund.  As this is my first time getting a refund for an item I had no idea how the process worked.  Only after waiting on hold with paypal for nearly half an hour did I learn that they issued me a refund to my credit card today.  Yet nothing in writing to confirm this was ever sent.  Only received misleading emails saying the funds had cleared should be available in my paypal account.

Perhaps someone in the technical writing department needs to re-word some of the canned email responses to reflect the reality of the situation instead of sending out confusing and misleading emails.  I loathe waiting on hold and wasting my time and am sure most people feel the same.

Patrick

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Refund Emails

"As of this writing there is nothing in my paypal or credit card statements that would indicate I have received said refund."

Patience.  These things usually take a few days to show up.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Refund Emails

I have no problem being patient.  I take issue with misleading emails and incorrect information.  

Two emails claiming my refund was issued and the credit should be reflected on my paypal balance.  I have since been informed through a conversation with a paypal rep that It was refunded to my credit card this morning and was not going to show up on my paypal balance or in my account activity.   

I now know to expect that I will receive incorrect information through canned emails should I ever need to return another item purchased the same way.   It would have been nice to receive the correct information without having to spend 30 minutes on hold...

Message 3 of 3
latest reply