Requesting a refund after 30 days.

I sold an item on December 3, 2014.  Now the buyer is saying that the item is not as described (February 8th).  Do I have to offer a refund more than 2 months later?  I do not typically offer refunds and I don't want to have to pay for shipping 2 ways 60 days after a transaction is complete.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You are not required to pay for return shipping.

Tell your customer to return the item for a full refund of his payment.

When it arrives, process the refund.

While at this point he cannot go to Paypal or eBay with his claim, his credit card may allow chargebacks for up to 120 days (some cards, not all).

And he has only 60 days to leave feedback, although he can add a Response to feedback either you or he already left, indefinitely.

The usual thought here is that refund of original payment on return of goods is Standard Practice.

Refund of return shipping is a Best Practice when the seller made the error that led to the claim. For example, poor packaging that led to damage in transit, shipping the wrong item, shipping the wrong size or colour, etc.

Not every transaction will go smoothly.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Oh, and put him on your Blocked Bidder List, under Manage Bidders on the Site Map.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

After 2 months, I don't think they can file a dispute. Tell the buyer that too much time has passed for a refund. 

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply