Sellers please make sure your packages are scanned at the Post Office

vinage
Community Member

On Oct 15th - for the ist time after many years - I made an EBay purchase from a US EBay Store.

My package did not show up as being received at the local USPS post office.

You can imagine my worries, and my wondering.  Can I trust this system?

For 10 days, no info.  It seems that the US local Post Office never scanned the package when the seller brought it in.

My advice to all sellers: Please make sure the Post Office scans your packages when you bring them in!.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nan*55
Community Member

Good Advice. I have one postal clerk that seems to have a problem scanning my prepaid packages. I stand at the counter until she does.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

nan*55
Community Member

Good Advice. I have one postal clerk that seems to have a problem scanning my prepaid packages. I stand at the counter until she does.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

At my local CP I quite often see situations where the countertops are covered in parcels to be scanned. I never thought to think that I hope the clerk is thorough in their checking and making sure each one gets scanned

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You guys want nightmares come and deal with my post office... \

Everything goes direct to mississauge because they don't go through my parcels and seperate them because they are an all in one place not just a post office...

So an item going to a town 30 minutes from me first goes to a city 8 hrs a way and then back... Try explaining that one to customers who buy from me ...

I once had an expedited parcel take 2 weeks to get to a town 45 minutes from me .... it took a trip 7 hrs away only to come back 7.5 hrs to get to it's destination ...

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@brandeentertainment wrote:

So an item going to a town 30 minutes from me first goes to a city 8 hrs a way and then back... Try explaining that one to customers who buy from me ...

You live in small town with General Store, where you get bread and milk. Once in a while you go stocking up to supermarket next town, do you also buy bread and milk there, or just items not available in your local store? Obviously, it is more effective to get errands done in one place.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply