September 25th Weekly Board Hour

Bonjour eBay Canada members!

Moving forward, you'll have a chance to ask questions a few hours in advance. eBay staff will remain available from 1PM - 2PM Eastern to answer questions live as well as catch up on those posted earlier.

Today we've got Rodney, Bryan, Raphael & I - let's get this show on the road!

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: September 25th Weekly Board Hour

@rose-dee wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

Since a CA seller, unless shipping only to the US, has no way to know what site their item will be purchased on, we thought it would be more prudent to state the lower PayPal Protection threshold to helo sellers be protected in all occurrences. Please pardon the white lie, it's for your own good 🙂 

But ... my head's spinning a bit now.  Wouldn't it be prudent to state $750 so that Canadian sellers would be fully protected in the event a buyer purchased the seller's item on .com?  I thought I'd finally understood all this -- obviously not. Smiley Happy

Seller protection is so confusing as to the amount where the protection start for using Signature Confirmation. On PayPal.ca the amount is $325 Can, on eaby.com $250 US, on ebay.com.au Australia it is $350 AUS $.

Message 41 of 44
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

Since a CA seller, unless shipping only to the US, has no way to know what site their item will be purchased on, we thought it would be more prudent to state the lower PayPal Protection threshold to helo sellers be protected in all occurrences. Please pardon the white lie, it's for your own good 🙂 

But ... my head's spinning a bit now.  Wouldn't it be prudent to state $750 so that Canadian sellers would be fully protected in the event a buyer purchased the seller's item on .com?  I thought I'd finally understood all this -- obviously not. Smiley Happy

I think you're looking at this backwards. If eBay says everything over $750 needs signature to be protected and PayPal says everything above $250 needs signature to be covered, if I don't know which program is going to protect me, I might choose to use signature on anthing above $250 to make sure I'm safe in every case.

Message 42 of 44
latest reply

Message 43 of 44
latest reply

This concludes this week's Board Hour. Thank you everyone, see you next week!

Message 44 of 44
latest reply