Share your NPB excuses.

off_to_uni
Community Member
Hi Everyone!

I just received a funny email from a NPB and I thought I would share what they said with CTS.

"sorry but i have to cancel my order we are getting a divorce and he has stopped all accounts"

That actually made me smile... not the divorce part, but the lame excuse for not paying 🙂

Cheers,

James
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Share your NPB excuses.

brcyclesalvage
Community Member
I had a better one. They said that the owner of the account had died and that they were replying to all emails. This was strange as the account was still bidding on items weeks after. Maybe it was the first ebay ghost.

Ryan
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Share your NPB excuses.

off_to_uni
Community Member
lol Ryan, that is a good one!
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Share your NPB excuses.

deltone
Community Member
Oh gosh, there have been a few. I guess the oddest one was one gal wrote and said she didn't bid, but that she left her desk at work to go for lunch or something an a co-worker bid on the item. Ya right!!! Checked her bid history and seems her co-worker bid on a couple of the same thing.

A couple of years had a whacko who said she ran out of money and no longer wanted the item. She got quite nasty about the whole thing but I forget all the details.

I just read on one of the other boards about some gal who had bid on a PILE of items for maternity clothes. She then emailed 25 of the sellers and said she had a miscarriage and no longer needed the items. There was quite the debate on that thread about how it should be handled. People use all kind of excuses. SIGH
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Share your NPB excuses.

momosworld
Community Member
I got one thats funny, but if it was true then its not...you be the judge:

"I'm sorry I haven't been able to pay, I'm in the hospital right now with a broken leg and hip, you see I was actually going to get your money order from the bank and I got hit by the car, as soon as I get out I will make the payment but it wont be for another 3-4 weeks"

momo.

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Share your NPB excuses.

treasure-pot
Community Member
I had one that couldn't complete the transaction because his step-father died. I felt bad and let him off. A few days later I was contacted by two other sellers that had also been affected by this unfortunate death in the bidders family. The interesting part was that his stepfather had died two months previously as well.

Either his mother is re-marrying and then killing them off frequently or they need to dig the hole a little deeper! :<)

Bill

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Share your NPB excuses.

kpamber
Community Member
Treasure-pot, that is too funny! The woman is a veritable black widow spider!
I must be doing something wrong...they don't give me excuses, they just don't pay!
k
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Share your NPB excuses.

Momo, you awful person!! If it wasn't for you, that poor soul wouldn't have gotten hit by that car!! LOL!!

Shame on me if its actually a true story, but nevertheless I can't stop laughing at that one!!

They should update the NPB reasons for filing and add "High Bidder hit by Car", "High Bidder getting Divorced" and "High Bidder's relative has died....again"
Too funny!!

I don't have any stories as outrageous as those, just the usual "Sorry I hit the wrong button", of course they would have to have hit the wrong button twice to actually bid or purchase. As well just yesterday I received an "I hit the wrong button" email, the problem was he quoted another item number from another seller whom he accidentally hit the wrong button as well right around the same time!! He had gotten his "mistakes" mixed up.

Oh well, at least they make for funny stories!!
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Share your NPB excuses.

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
Most of my NPB's are "ebay's fault" or the "computers fault" or "paypal's fault".
Interesting that about 5-8% of my orders are NPB due to mistake double orders yet only 1% of my buyers say "ooops sorry".
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Share your NPB excuses.

gloriaguides
Community Member
I must spread accident and illness on my buyers. So many of them are in the hospital (or their spouses, children or other loved on is) with accidents and disease. I should rename myself gloriasickens! Now, I just file on them and don't worry about it. I actually had one with a hospital story PAY me, about 6 weeks late, last year. So it does happen, but not as often as our bidders would have us think! Mostly, though, they just never reply. Then I know to file--I'm alot quicker at it than I used to be!
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Share your NPB excuses.

momosworld
Community Member
Ok, just got this one right now, bid on a $20 item and wrote this:

"i left the computer for a secound and my 5 year old sister came into the room and was playing around...Im very sorry for the inconvience."

seems like he's the 5 year old.

what can you do?

oh well....

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Share your NPB excuses.

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
Why is it that an NPB is considered a nuisance yet a non shipping seller is considered a fraud. Both have broken a legal contract.
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Share your NPB excuses.

treasure-pot
Community Member
Generally the line in the sand is drawn because the seller has the money but never ships the widget whereas a NPB neither sends money nor receives the widget. Although it could be argued that by wasting the sellers listing fees and keeping an item from being sold to a legitimate buyer a NPB does approach some form of petty theft... Oy!

Bill

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Share your NPB excuses.

gloriaguides
Community Member
Gee, I had that one on some video games last year. Buddy used BIN and then emailed me that his younger brother had done it and they didn't even have the right system. Just filed a mutually agreed and moved on. Sigh! Gloria
Message 14 of 14
latest reply