''Shipping cannot be calculated for your area. You can contact the seller for additional shipping costs and services.'' Why?

briqc
Community Member

I sell an item on eBay.ca with shipping fur US nd International.

When I look on eBay.com, my item is on the list.

When I take a look to the shipping cost, this message appear:

''Shipping cannot be calculated for your area. You can contact the seller for additional shipping costs and services.''

Why?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

''Shipping cannot be calculated for your area. You can contact the seller for additional shipping costs and services.'' Why?

Or you may have put in dimensions that do not fit the program that calculates shipping costs.

Only use metric measures. Canada Post went metric in 1974 and any other measurements are approximations.

Also there is a little glitch between USPS dimensions and CP dimensions for parallel services.

If your metric measurements are correct, but the message is showing up when you enter an US zipcode (I use 90210), add a centimetre to the Canadian dimensions. This will not change the rates, but will fit the USPS dimensions and the shipping rate will appear.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Did you only put in domestic shipping rates  when you listed your item?

~

~ Linda ~
Gram of 6
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Or you may have put in dimensions that do not fit the program that calculates shipping costs.

Only use metric measures. Canada Post went metric in 1974 and any other measurements are approximations.

Also there is a little glitch between USPS dimensions and CP dimensions for parallel services.

If your metric measurements are correct, but the message is showing up when you enter an US zipcode (I use 90210), add a centimetre to the Canadian dimensions. This will not change the rates, but will fit the USPS dimensions and the shipping rate will appear.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply