Why is the Ebay site so difficult (very slow) to navigate with EVERY link I use?

I have no difficulty navigating anywhere else on the internet.... so I don't expect its my browser, nor my modem.... but, EVERY link I use regarding Ebay - to go to My Ebay, my Watch List, an item, replying to My Messages, literally anywhere.... is very slow and often non-functional.    This problem has been on-going for at least three weeks now.... my browser, computer and modem have all been restarted numerous times within this time frame.   Does anyone have any ideas as to a resolution for this?   It is making my Ebay experience extremely frustrating and often impossible.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Why is the Ebay site so difficult (very slow) to navigate with EVERY link I use?

I am having exactly the same problems - have tried everything. Sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. I think it also has been at least 3 weeks and I am getting so frustrated trying to list or relist anything as well. What is going on with this site?
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Why is the Ebay site so difficult (very slow) to navigate with EVERY link I use?

Use a different browser, which seems to be something you have considered but decided not to do.

At home, where I use a Mac, I don't use Internet Explorer to access eBay (or Lolcats) but everything else is fine. For those sites, Firefox works fine (and with all the others too, so it is now my default).

But at the shop, if I try to use Firefox with their hodgepodge of machines on a Mac system, neither eBay ( nor Lolcats nor Twitter)  will show properly.

So don't reject the browser as a possibility.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Unfortunately, the problem is recurrent no matter which browser I use. The pages either load VERY slowly, or not at all. I have tried Chrome, Safari and Firefox with no change. i, too, have a Mac and have never had problems navigating the Ebay site until the last few weeks.... and have been a member since 1997. It is very frustrating.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I have the same problem. Constantly timing out with no response whatsoever. Sometimes it's fine other times really really bad. Nothing to do with the browser. Very frustrating. If they aren't aware of the problem, they should be, they are losing business. It's unusable when these delays are happening.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply