eBay Crash - No Search, No Sales

I'm sure you've noticed that it's impossible to browse/search on eBay today.

It looks like they have allowed auctions to end as usual. That's bad for
sellers with auctions.

"dipmicro" account had 25 auctions not sold today on "dipmicro". After 9:55am I have only 1 auction sold and that was a bid from Nov.19.

My second selling account has only auctions, 2 sold today, 14 not sold. The two sold were bids placed Nov.19 and 20th.
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

dagr8_renaud
Community Member
well it is bad for us all I wonde rwhy eBay hasnt made any announcements about it already , because unless the items are in you watch list you cant buy anything either .
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

thescrapbookpalace
Community Member
HI, YES I HAVE NO SALES EITHER TODAY, WEEKENDS ARE USUALLY BUSY, NOT EVEN ONE EMAIL,LOL.
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

If you get to your listings (e.g. by Google), then "See other items" will work.

Guys, this is bad and good. I do not hold my hopes for eBay compensating us for lost sales, but when they fix it, there will be a surge in buyers, so prepare yourself, fire up that discount sale you have been thinking about.

Just wondering when they plan to fix the damn thing.
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

dagr8_renaud
Community Member
are yoguys actually 100% sure the system was workin yesterday nigh , as I normally at least receive a few questions on friday saturday , and not one email in last 2 days ....
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

dagr8_renaud
Community Member

Guys, this is bad and good. I do not hold my hopes for eBay compensating us for lost sales, but when they fix it, there will be a surge in buyers, so prepare yourself, fire up that discount sale you have been thinking about.

Just wondering when they plan to fix the damn thing.

hahah good advice thx for the tip , an update form eBay would help tho ...
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Actually, I was wrong. The only way to get into any auction is through item # (e.g. via Google). When using "See other items" it only shows Store Inventory Listings.
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Well, people are reporting that their stores are up again - mine is.

ebay did have a notice on some searches, but it didn't come through for most people.

Apparently, CTV, CNET and the other news media have picked this up, so ebay gets to be embarrassed in public - at least the buyers won't blame the sellers for it.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

thescrapbookpalace
Community Member
HI, YES MY STORE IS NOW UP TOO, BUT IF YOU LOOK THEY ARE ONLY SHOWING STORE INVENTORY ITEMS, ANY ITEMS LISTED FOR AUCTION OR FIXED PRICE ARE NOT IN THE STORES., WHICH ALMOST MAKES ME THINK THEY ARE NO WHERE TO BE FOUND
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

The real losers are sellers who start their unique item auctions low. I wonder if eBay will retract those sales, but probably not.

It's intermittently working. I keep trying to search for keyword that would normally gain lots of results and either I get "We were unable ..." or few results only.

Let's just monitor the announcement page for now: http://www2.ebay.com/aw/announce.shtml

I did not see this on CNET but Wall Street Journal picked it: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704888404574550383546493624.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLTopStories
Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Ok, the link I posted will only show first few sentences.

You need to go to Google, switch to News, type "eBay" and click on this one "EBay's Sites Suffer Disruptions". When coming from Google WSJ lets you read entire article.
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

WOW!

I was wondering why there were no eBay sales this PM whilst our other store kept humming along.

Even the mighty are vulnerable to the quirks of software coding, it seems.

Tried a few eBay sites in other countries, same results. CA & US listings don't show.

Not much we can do but wait and no use getting upset as that will will not help matters.

I wonder how eBay brass will handle this? Be proactive and take control or sit back and hope it all blows over quickly.

Bernie
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

View other seller items link started working now and shows auctions. The search still broken.
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

While this board is so quiet, US PowerSeller board is buzzing about this crash. People have lost thousands in PROFITS today.
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Part of .uk was down as well, according to auctionbytes.

Going to be interesting to see how ebay handles this.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 15 of 23
latest reply

Seems to be back. I start getting auction sales.
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Well I'm glad to know it isn't only my stores. I have been away all day and just logged on and checked my sales which amounted to a total of 3. When I clicked on my stores only a fraction of the listings appeared .

I had this problem with one of my smaller stores a week ago. I listed a bunch of products which did show up in search and in my store. A couple of hours later they were all gone. I contacted eBay but by the time they got back to me the listings were back again. They gave me a canned non-response and directed me to the seller tutorials without taking the time to properly read my message.

Judy
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Another problem I have experienced over the past week is being unable to flag some of my messages. It just wouldn't work. I answered a question tonight before I checked my stores. When I tried to flag the message, the message disappeared entirely from My Messages...and I did not hit the delete button by mistake.
Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Well, I had 1 sale today before the crash, but it was a doozy.

And ebay's been having random glitches all over the place since the last round of changes.

I hope they get them fixed before the NEXT round of changes.
Message 19 of 23
latest reply

And ebay's been having random glitches all over the place

I spend about 3-4 unpanned hours researching the eBay outages and various problems people see and hope they get fixed too.

I am going to swallow the losses gracefully, as for seller my size it's not practical to do anything, plus I hope eBay learns something positive from this.
Message 20 of 23
latest reply