free listing are not working what is going on with ebay

pepee1
Community Member

anyone having problems with the free listing not working.  every time i try to relist the stuff i did last month it does so many free and the rest i been billed for they where all free last week.  And the new free listing for this month same thing will not list anything for free its charging for them all.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

eBay announced changes to the fee a while ago. The insertion fees changed for non-store categories effective June 1st.

The category Toys and Hobbies category no longer has free fixed price listings. Only auction listings are free in that category.

Read the April 30th announcement here effective June 1st for eBay.ca Canada (Read carefully because eBay.com date is May 15, eBay.ca is June 1st)

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2014/04/30/7598/

Read the new eBay insertion fees for non-stores effective June 1st here:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/fees.html

To sum up, you get 50 insertion fee free auction format listings in some of the categories that you list in. No free fixed price for those categories. You have another 50 free fixed price or auction in the remaining categories.

Many non-store sellers who mainly  use these categories are upset with this change.

However, I have been reading on eBay.com that some sellers do not want to pay the 30 cents for fixed price and are listing at auction at their full fixed price amount and then adding free BIN price at 30% more (auction listings require 30% minimum over auction start price for BIN). Some sellers are reporting some success selling at the BIN price at 30% more! So you might want to try the same strategy.

If this is not good for you, then consider a basic eBay store with 150 insertion free listing in any category. You will have to compare the cost of a listing at 30 cents for the listings you need for non-store versus paying 19.95/15.95 a month for a store.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

thanks for your info.  I do not agree with that move by ebay cause all i sell is hobbies stuff.  I did not see that message they sent.  guess im done selling on ebay there are getting just a bit greedy with fees. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply