help!, a seller has not sent the items after 3 mths, and refused to refund me

I ordered 2 items from Ebay.com on 11 March 2015, the seller later told that one of the items has an issue and he will get me a replacement.  Months passed and finally I cancelled order and he keeps on promising to refund the USD220 i paid, but he still has not done after several weeks and many reminders.  I cant report to Ebay.com because he uses Ebay Canada.  Can anyone advise me on how to resolve this?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I cant report to Ebay.com because he uses Ebay Canada.

No.

You can't report to eBaydotCOM because more than 45 days have passed. The location of the seller is irrelevant.

If you want to try eBaydotCA, just scroll to the bottom of this page and click on Resolution Centre.

You could try Paypal, which has very similar parameters but a longer deadline.

More reliable would be to go to the credit card you use to back your PP account. PP is just a useful mediator.

Phone the 1800 number on the back of the card and ask the customer service rep about a chargeback. Have details of the transaction to help her process your chargeback.

and finally I cancelled order and he keeps on promising to refund the USD220 i paid,

How did you cancel the order?

If you just told him to cancel it, that was useless.

In order to cancel you should have asked him for a refund and then when it arrived allowed him to Request a Cancellation and agree to it. This gives you your money, he gets his selling fee (around $45) back and both of you can leave feedback.

And feedback.

You can only leave feedback for 60 days after purchase.

You can leave a Response to any feedback left by you or by your seller indefinitely.

Like the best feedback, the most effective Responses are calm and factual. "Undelivered by 23/5. No refund given many promises.' would be one suggestion.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

A case is always opened on the site where you purchased but as the other poster said, you are past the date for starting an eBay case. But you can open one on Paypal for up to 180 days after the transaction so do that today.   If the seller sent you a cancellation and you agreed, it is possible that will affect opening up a case now so if you have a problem opening one, you might have to phone Paypal.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply