how do I sign in as a guest

cc4919
Community Member

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

My advice remains unchanged: call Customer Service. Explain this, and ask that they Access your Order by phone.
Message 21 of 24
latest reply

matthfam7
Community Member

After much ranting and emailing ebay about not being able to sign in as guest (because I bought as guest) to track my shipment, I finally got in. First I had to sign out of ebay, then delete all cookies from the browser, then followed directions. It didn't work at first because their instructions said to find the link to Guest User "at the bottom of the page". Every time I tried to do this the same conclusion: there is no "Gues User" at the bottom of the page.

Then I noticed at the bottom of the sign-in box" the words Guest User. but it still was not a live link. But I noticed a greyed-out down-arrow. I clicked on that and voila! It opened more fields to enter my email address and the code from my purchase email.

So all along it was a matter of techies designing and not using correct language. (Poor marketing thinking)  I finally got in. Perhaps it would be easier if I could have spoken to someone, but the automated recording would not take the explanation I tried to give, and when I choose to receive a call (which the site promised would be within 2 minutes, I haven't been called yet. That was yesterday.

ebay definitely should get someone with people skills to do their site.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Same experienced here this is BS!
Message 23 of 24
latest reply

The people answering these questions here on ebay Community are users like yourself who are volunteering their time and expertise to do so. If you are experiencing a problem that cannot be answered with this advice, go to Help & Contact at the top and bottom of this webpage. Good luck.
Message 24 of 24
latest reply