how to become an affiliate

@judynew1234 wrote:

How do you become an affiliate?

Is this what you mean?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/affiliate-program.html

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

That's strange.  I could've sworn I just posted the link for the eBay policy information page explaining about eBay's affiliate program, "a way for you to make money by driving buyers to eBay".  It is from the American eBay because like the Classifieds and the Adult section that don't exist on dot CA, you have to go to dot COM to get it.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/affiliate-program.html

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

eBay Partner Network (ePN) and affiliate programs

In this article

Program overview

eBay Partner Network, eBay's in-house affiliate program, offers a way for you to make money by driving buyers to eBay, without having to sell or ship anything. All you need is a blog, website, social network or mobile app to refer buyers to eBay and earn commissions.

Four steps to eBay's Affiliate Program, eBay Partner Network (ePN):

• Apply: Complete a quick online application to join ePN.

• Create: Use ePN tools to create eBay affiliate links.

• Promote: Add ePN links to your blog, website, social network pages or mobile apps to promote eBay items.

• Earn: You'll earn a commission when your visitors click on your ePN links and make a Winning Bid or Buy It Now purchase. 

Applying to eBay Partner Network

If you have a content site, mobile app, shopping comparison site, social presence or other online business, we encourage you to apply to ePN. It's free to join and it takes just a few minutes to apply on the eBay Partner Network site.

Creating links

After becoming a member of ePN, you'll receive access to tools to help you easily create trackable links to eBay. These links can direct your users to specific eBay listings (including your own), search results pages and many other locations.

Adding links

After you create your ePN links, you'll add them to your blog, website, social network pages or mobile apps. You can add as many links as you like, and can focus on promoting specific items or categories that will appeal to your visitors.

Earning commissions

When visitors click through your ePN links and make purchases on eBay, you'll earn commissions. Commissions vary by product category, and are based on a percentage of eBay's earnings for that transaction. When you drive a new buyer to make a purchase, you'll earn an additional commission bonus.

Visit eBay Partner Network for more information and to become an eBay affiliate.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Also, the eBay Community member i.am.vivian deserves credit for getting this question answered due to her perseverance in determining the reasons her all her previous attempts to answer it by providing links to the program were deleted. We brainstormed until we found a workaround. That's in another thread called 'Where'd it go?' for anyone who's interested in the full story. Good job, i.am.vivian for keeping at it until you saw results.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

And like magic, her posts have re-appeared.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

LOL! I don't know about perseverance but I just couldn't understand it. Its a perfectly good eBay link. It might be American but that's no reason to ban it entirely! 🙂
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

There now, this is best of all. The links are ALL up this morning, but this explains everything without anyone needing to look elsewhere.
"We brainstormed until we found a workaround."

You brained. I stormed. 🙂

KUDOS to mjwl2006 for all the time put in to help someone else get an answer to a question when that person might not even come back to read it all! LOL!
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Ha ha, yes. Let's hope the Original Poster now goes on to achieve an illustrious and profitable career as an ebay Affiliate from here.

It was just so odd, the links that disappeared for no good reason that we could think of. I can't help myself sometimes, when something doesn't make sense, I pick at it from different directions until it does. It can be satisfying as well as a great way to ease one's curiosity. I guess that I am Nancy Drew at heart, ha ha.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply