if someone is selling a sports jersey for 50 dollars buy it now price, what should i offer them?

ramboturkey2
Community Member

theyre not a popular team.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

if someone is selling a sports jersey for 50 dollars buy it now price, what should i offer them?

Unless the listing has a Best Offer option the only price you can offer

is $50.00

Even with the Best Offer it would be hard to advise without knowing

what kind of Jersy it is,  what team,  Game worn,  replica or what\ever.

and where the seller is located.

Also check out the sellers feedback.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If it is a Buy It Now without a Best Offer option, you purchase (not offer) it for $50.

Never make offer if you do not see the Best Offer icon. Doing so is a violation.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If it is not a popular team then the jerseys are likely to be less available for the (admittedly smaller) number of fans.

As stated above, if there is no Best Offer on the listing, the seller wants $50 plus shipping. Check to make sure that the shipping will be by USPS/Canada Post and nto by the expensive new Global Shipping Program.

If there is a Best Offer, the longer the listing has bee up (days? Months?) the lower your offer could be. Start with a 15% discount, less if the listing has only been up a few days.

In an Auction, the opening price is the least the seller will sell for.

The Buy It Now is the price the seller expects to get in the auction, although he may hope it will go higher.

Best Offers are usually attached to Fixed Price items and are the only case in which the seller might consider selling for less than his asking price.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply