my US buyers keep emailing that they can not purchase more than one item at a time need help!

Would like to know if other Canadian sellers are having problems with combined shipping for US buyers, my US buyers are being asked to pay for each item at a time,  and yes I have checked my Setting on both  .ca and .com and my setting state that i offer combined shipping  so my question is how do you work around this Ebay Glitch without loosing US Buyers,  I do not have any problems with Canada or International buyers just the US side, any help would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

my US buyers keep emailing that they can not purchase more than one item at a time need help!

In the last update before the spring update ebay announced that they were going to require immediate payment in certain categories. Buyers can avoid that if they use the cart and then ask for an invoice but if your listings have been done on .ca, the cart on .com will not work.  If a buyer contacts you about this, you could ask them to sign into .ca...that worked for me the one time I tried it as I don't think the same rules apply on this site. Or, you can refund the buyer after they pay full shipping costs. Unfortunately, there really isn't an ideal solution.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Hi, Thank you for your time in responding  to my issue, I have had customers try the method you suggested with trying to log into .ca but that does not seem to work either, while the odd US buyer has no problems it seems most of them are asked to pay for each and every item.  most of my items are post cards,  any new ideas I will certainly try them as It is stressful for me and my buyers, 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I am having the same problem but there is no distinct demographic to which people are having problems.  It's half and half.  Half of my Canadian buyers will pay multiple times where the other half will figure out how to select multiple items and pay just once.  Over the border is the same half and half.  Some US buyers will figure out how to select multiple items where the other half will pay multiple times.   EBay has mentioned that they hope the "Universal Cart System"  for Canadian sellers will be in place by the end of March but I'm not holding my breath.  When it does come though, any buyer on any eBay should be able to add items to a cart and pay only once from one seller......even if the seller lists on more than one eBay and even if they list in different currencies.......can't wait.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@michaelbb2 wrote:

I am having the same problem but there is no distinct demographic to which people are having problems.  It's half and half.  Half of my Canadian buyers will pay multiple times where the other half will figure out how to select multiple items and pay just once.  Over the border is the same half and half.  Some US buyers will figure out how to select multiple items where the other half will pay multiple times.   EBay has mentioned that they hope the "Universal Cart System"  for Canadian sellers will be in place by the end of March but I'm not holding my breath.  When it does come though, any buyer on any eBay should be able to add items to a cart and pay only once from one seller......even if the seller lists on more than one eBay and even if they list in different currencies.......can't wait.

When I asked about their plans for a cart here the rep said that they weren't sure if it would be able to be used by buyers on other sites or for items listed on another site or for items listed in another currency as the carts on other sites do not work like that now. But I hope that your source is correct and that it will in fact be a universal cart. 🙂

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

michaelbb2 wrote

'I am having the same problem but there is no distinct demographic to which people are having problems.  It's half and half.  Half of my Canadian buyers will pay multiple times where the other half will figure out how to select multiple items and pay just once. '

A lot of Canadian buyers browse on eBay.com. When they try to buy from you the shopping cart will not be available and the sale defaults to immediate payment.

I'm not sure why eBay.ca sellers have to put up with this. It is quite obviously a degraded service vs. eBay.com

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Same for us, most international sales have stopped, people are reporting multiple issues trying to combine items, tough to have a large catalogue these days in canada, the combining issues have been around for almost 2 years now and it makes us doubt they know how to fix them
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Finally found others encountering the same issue. Spoke to 2 reps from ebay in the past couple of days. No ETA on bug fix or how high on the priority list this issue is. My sales are the lowest ever over the past few months. Once you leave the first cart window and re-enter or add more than one item this is what the buyers sees.

ERROR.jpg

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

It seems like it should be SO simple for ebay to add a message to buyers about what they need to do to fix this 'error' when they encounter it. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply