"Payment Under Review"

Had a 600 dollar order from a new Canadian buyer yesterday. The buyer paid by instant payment via Paypal, as is the case for 99 % of our orders on eBay.

eBay shows the $ sign, as in payment received in the summary- looks perfect, and we almost shipped it out this morning...but as I was doing a routine password change on Paypal this morning, I happened to notice on that particular order, that in Paypal it shows as "Payment Under Review- Do Not Ship Yet".

Wow, why wouldn't that show up on eBay? If I hadn't have happened to look in Paypal, I would never have known. So do they expect us to double check in our Paypal accounts for every single order now to make sure the money went through before we ship?

Not impressed,
AXE
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

"Payment Under Review"

And the more professional sellers, who use their own checkout and don't use Paypal shipping labels would be the most vulnerable.

Eek!
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

"Payment Under Review"

And as a real fluke, the buyer just called me to ask a question about the instrument he is getting, and I gave him the info he wanted, and then proceeded to tell him that Paypal has his payment under review, and he went through the roof!

He says he has a credit card on file with Paypal and did everything properly when he signed up, and that his account shows the money is already out. But we still have no notification of cleared payment.
Wonder what my DSR for shipping time will be on this one? DSRs= Pain in the a$$...

AXE
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

"Payment Under Review"

Relax.

It happens; we get at least one a month.

First, Paypal usually sends out an email to the seller but we all know how reliable their payment notifications are.

Payments generally are subject to review because the seller logged into Paypal from a different computer and it triggered Paypal's security system.

Another reason could be the credit card "flag" that is passed on to Paypal by the credit card issuer when a CC user trips the CC security system.

The payment should clear within 24 hrs.

When this happens here I just phone the buyer and, if I am comfortable, ship right away.

Bernie
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

"Payment Under Review"

I had this happen too. If you are established seller and had thousands $ flow throuhg your account, these reviews take short time. No reason to tell the buyer, it should clear within your handling time 2 business days.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

"Payment Under Review"

Yep it just cleared now. Although I could have shipped it today, it is too late now, and now this buyer will wait an extra day- no big deal, unless you are a new buyer who doesnt understand the system.

Thanks for the info guys,
Cheers,
AXE
Message 6 of 6
latest reply