seller listed item twice on buy it now,i paid for it at the lower price, do I get it at the lower $

Seller listed an item twice on a buy it now, I purchased it at the lower price (by $ 8.00) and paid immediately. I figured if I didn't someone else would Are they obliged to honor the sale to me? They wrote back and said it was a mistake. I would "suck it up" if I were the seller, what is the correct etiquette?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

seller listed item twice on buy it now,i paid for it at the lower price, do I get it at the lower $

"what is the correct etiquette?"

No such thing!

The seller can do one of two things:

1) Acknowledge he made a pricing mistake, accept responsibility and ship

2) Refund the purchase price paid ($38.00)

The seller controls the situation.

As a buyer, you would be correct to insist the $38 payment represents full value and you are not responsible for his pricing mistake, unless you really wanted the item and it was still attractively priced at $46.

Then, there is still the possibility of a good old fashion Canadian compromise! Smiley Indifferent

As a seller, I would always absorb whatever loss is caused by my mistake.  But not all sellers see it that way.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

"Seller listed an item twice on a buy it now"

What was the price of the other "buy-it-now listing?"

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

they listed it first at 46.00 free shipping then 38.00 with free shipping which was what I paid. As I am a seller as well, I would say to the buyer, "not a problem, lucky you! " As a buyer...it would be nice to get the same in return! And, as I am new, what is etiquette? thanks.

@pierrelebel wrote:

"Seller listed an item twice on a buy it now"

What was the price of the other "buy-it-now listing?"

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

"what is the correct etiquette?"

No such thing!

The seller can do one of two things:

1) Acknowledge he made a pricing mistake, accept responsibility and ship

2) Refund the purchase price paid ($38.00)

The seller controls the situation.

As a buyer, you would be correct to insist the $38 payment represents full value and you are not responsible for his pricing mistake, unless you really wanted the item and it was still attractively priced at $46.

Then, there is still the possibility of a good old fashion Canadian compromise! Smiley Indifferent

As a seller, I would always absorb whatever loss is caused by my mistake.  But not all sellers see it that way.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

thank you, and that is how I roll, high road, what does around... hopefully 🙂

Message 5 of 5
latest reply