what should a seller do if he only ships to canada and the united states and someone from overseas bids on a item

i'm a seller on ebay and i my locations are only canada and the united states for shipping, but someone from overseas bid on one of my items.  what should i do.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

what should a seller do if he only ships to canada and the united states and someone from overseas bids on a item

You are not required to sell to him. In fact you could even Report him as an Unwelcome Buyer.

You can cancel any BID. No explanation is required. You cannot cancel a purchase as easily.

You can set your Seller Preferences to automatically Block entire countries, even entire continents.

You can figure out the cost of Air Mail Delivery Confirmed shipping to his country and let him know how much it will cost him. Because you had not specified, eBay will back you on this.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You're selling low cost items. Me , i would send an invoice for an international air service and ship.

If its a bid and as femmefan has stated ..add the buyer's ID to your blocked bidder list and then cancel the bid. Set buyer requirements to block other countries..

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
Whatever choice you make is entirely up to you. If you don't feel comfortable shipping overseas, you don't have to.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply