Basic Category Navigation is broken and returning zero results.

Whatever changes that were made to categories yesterday, have completely broken the ability to browse listings in the Sports Cards section now.

If I go to the new "Sports Trading Cards" category, and then select "Ice Hockey Cards", it returns ZERO results.

It brings you to another landing page where you are supposed to be able to select by "Grade" or "Product", but in both cases, the "See All" button doesn't work.

There's also no way, on the landing page for Ice Hockey cards, to select any kind of filters, like team name, or player name or anything.

You've taken what was a simple to use layout, with a browsable selection and filters, to a landing page that now offers no listings, no browsable items and no filters.

I have attached screenshots showing the different links/landing pages, and the zero results.

ebay1.PNG

ebay2.PNG

ebay3.PNG

    

ebay4.PNG

Tagging a couple of eBay staff for visibility.

rob@ebay emily@ebay 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

This is all over the dotCOM Boards.

What a stupid move.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Whenever eBay rearranges categories, all sorts of things break. It often takes several days for order to be restored.

If browsing is no longer working, try searching using some general keywords from the name of the old category, such as hockey cards -- then narrow the category manually and try applying filters:

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/212/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=hockey+cards

It may be a few days before the dust settles and all the old filters and item-specifics are available again.

You may want to hold off on making big changes to your saved searches until then.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

i too am having this problem!!!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Except that link returns 43,000 out of millions of hockey cards listed. Most do not have "hockey cards" in the title, and there's still no team filters or other options available.

When I go to this link, https://www.ebay.ca/b/Ice-Hockey-Trading-Cards/216/bn_2311364, I would expect the usual listing of all items in the category, and from there I can sort by newest, or select a team filter, or any number of things, not a generic landing page about what Ice Hockey Cards are, with zero results.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It is entirely possible the category changes are still not finished.

You are right about the titles, but many of those listings should have "hockey" somewhere in the item specifics -- at least under normal circumstances -- and so should be found in that search. But it is possible that the changes have altered some of the item specifics or left them temporarily unsearchable.

Currently, if I search for cards, then change the category to Sports Trading Cards, I can choose a Sport filter to select Ice Hockey, and then I get about 400,000 results. From there I can see other filters such as Team or Season.

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=cards&_sacat=212&LH_TitleDesc=0&_fsrp=1&_sop=10&_osaca...

Message 6 of 6
latest reply