Buyer protection denied. Im leaving eBay now

Wow eBay just helped a crook make off with  $120 of my Money. His Ad says its good product when I get its not. The Rip off gets eBay to side with him and gets to keep $120 while i get his item.  This my CUE to leave e Bay for good so after I finish my current orders I will delete my account and use Amazon. They care about and protect their buyers. Word  EBay Im leaving your thieves just like the slime your protecting

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Did you open an Item Not Received Dispute within 30 days of delivery?

Did the seller send you a Return Shipping Label?

Did you return the item to the Seller with tracking?

Did you give the tracking number in the Dispute to eBay?

Did the tracking show return delivery?

Did you pay through Paypal?

Have you opened an Item Not Received Dispute within 180 days of payment?

Do you know that the PP Resolution Centre is under Tools on your PP account page?

Did you return the unwanted item to the seller with tracking as PP insists?

Did you provide proof of return delivery?

Did PP refund you?

Did you pay using PP backed by a credit card?

Did you phone the 1-800 number on the back of the card and open a chargeback?

Or do you just need this?Cheese goes with whine.jpg

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

The MoneyBack Guarantee is a very strong form of Buyer Protection and, more often than not, in all forms of public forum and social media, it is the sellers who feel at a distinct disadvantage. 

If you as a buyer opened a Return case and sent your item back with tracking, you would get your money back from the seller through ebay. Period.

So... what went wrong? 

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

I received a item not as described
eBay apparently THINKS it was as described as they closed it and denied a return or refund.
Its been decied by a eBay employee without ever seeing a photo of the item . Thing is ebay deleted my feedback on his feedback score thing is eBay is protecting this person

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

It's highly unusual for ebay to deny a Return request. What were the extenuating circumstances?

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

I will clarify this for you so you understand the situation completely.

The item was a joke not even usable eBay did not even ask for a photo they had a better plan
Deny me coverage and give my Money with the Seller but waits there is more.

The Rip off is not complete unless you hide the tracks , They hide the tracks faster then fast my feedback was deleted YET I PAYED $120

This seller is allowed to sell his scam items on eBay as when a BUYER complains via the feedback they DELETE  the FEEDBACK Clearing the Path for THE  next victim. Its despicable

ONCE ENTRAPPED and trying to get the your money back eBay Steps in and SIDES with the SCAM seller. Then hides the FEEDBACK. ONLY THE GOOD FEEDBACK STAYS

This is a dirty way to do business its obviously a shell game of sorts where every one pays BUT eBay. The House never loses in this RIGGED game.

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

You still have Paypal and your credit card (if you back your PP with a credit card, which is a Good Idea for any online purchase.)

Did eBay not accept that you had returned the item with tracking?

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

I fear they are so committed to protecting this seller that they keep doing it and doing it and doing it. I have proof as the seller said himself he gets all kinds of complaints . Yet he has ONLY one negative feedback ? and only TWO neutrals. He has problems with buyers being rude to him ? WORD I do not lie and im not thief but am being Scammed by some.
How can a buyer make a informed purchase on eBay when this goes on. He can't. I'm quitting this sham of a site once I get my orders dealt with.
Message 8 of 35
latest reply

you need to go through paypal, and let them, settle this.. you could provide us more details, like the item number you purchased, we can only guess what you are going through.. but if the item was not as it was seen in the auction, then you really need to file with paypal for item not as described, then escalate it.. hope we can be of more help.. but you haven't mentioned what you bought, or what the problem with the item is??

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

Thanks for bringing other sources of help up femmefan1946 , Im going to need them.

am going to see what can be done as I did use the credit card on PayPal.  Should be interesting. Thanks

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

Thanks you give me hope I will get help with this as yet to be determined.
Ad has aold man kneeling down holding it in a photo . Its not the seller in the photo. Just part of the Scam ad. Read the Ad then Imagine yourself getting a Toy instead.
So funny eBay has hidden the ad from me LIKE he doesn't even exist
Truth is eBay rip off is complete with this seller he is now hidden from me.
We are apparently no more use to each other !!!

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

I forgot mention what was wrong with it. It was very flimsy unable to support the weight it claimed and is not useable on any river bank let alone all as the ad says nor will it support a 18 lb rock like the ad said. Its bad workmanship as well not like the ads said. The ad has misleading in every respect not just one. He claims it has 4 patents applied for but gives no dates NUMBERS ?  the item was made by a no talent monkey with a bad design its no way its a patent item no way. then bends do not match up and no attempt was made to make them fit proper. It was not bent properly nor any attempt was made to do it right. His design was lacking 4 bends to make it work but that was too much work for this rip off. He did not even bother to make it right at all.  That's the worse part. its best described as ridiculous under designed of half hazard flimsy construction

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

Specifically what grounds did eBay cite for denying your Return Request?

Can you walk us through your process from start to finish with dates so we understand where it went wrong?

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

Feedback will be removed if it does not comply with a few rules, including no abuse. Your FB may have been abusive or a violation in some other way.

There is unlikely to be anything sinister about this.

It is extremely rare for ebay not to process an item not as described  claim and not refund if the conditions are met. This does not please sellers, buyers usually have no  problem. It is important to follow the process as instructed, though.

The first reply to you mentions item not received. Read this as Item Not as Described, I suspect this was a slip on the poster's part.

I rreally cannot understand what you are saying about not being able to see the seller on ebay. There is as far as I know no way to block members from seeing other members pages. You would be able to see the page if not logged in as ebay would not know who you are, even if there were such a process. If the seller had been kicked off ebay the FB and sold items would still be visible.

If making a PP  claim for item not as described, you will have to pay the return postage, which is why people go to the ebay process first. Still, losing a few dollars would be preferable to losing $120.

Only a spectacular history of previous claims would lead to ebay simply barring you from the buyer protection altogether.  Even this would not effect a PP claim.

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

BYE!

Message 15 of 35
latest reply

“BYE!” ?

Was it something we said?
Message 16 of 35
latest reply

I think I made head way  the reason for deny me the claim was in fact a error on ebay side. The claim the ad did not advertise  the sluice could support 18 lbs and when I tested it with 10 lbs and it bent they say I ruined it and cannot return it.  Only thing is the Ad does say it will support 18 lbs , it has a photo of a  apparent 18 lb rock on it.
eBay and Seller  have denied the ad said that. But It in fact does.  The Seller has a long a detailed advertising that show the a apparent 18 pound rock with the words Its Sturdy enough to take to any river bank and That I should Bank on it...  Well I did and ITS NOT at all a quality item. Its actually poorly made and very flimsy as I have mentioned

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

NO I CANNOT THAT WOULD BE ILLEGAL ACCORDING TO eBay LOL
Message 18 of 35
latest reply

or maybe he/she replied to you by mistake
Message 19 of 35
latest reply

Now I cannot even talk about what happened to me , eBay is covering the Tracks of the transaction up but one thing they cannot cover up. the AD SAID IT WOULD SUPPORT A 18 POUND ROCK with A PHOTO OF WITH THE ROCK ON IT
Message 20 of 35
latest reply