Buyers who have purchased from sellers using EIS - Did Canada Post deliver your package?

A seller in the US has a Canadian buyer having a problem making a purchase from them and it may be because the buyer is using a P.O. Box.  That made me wonder if eBay has always used Canada Post for deliveries to Canada or if they also using other methods.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Buyers who have purchased from sellers using EIS - Did Canada Post deliver your package?

marnotom!
Community Member
My purchases were handled by Canada Post to my door. I live in a semi-remote, semi-urban location, for what it’s worth.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

A seller in the US has a Canadian buyer having a problem making a purchase from them and it may be because the buyer is using a P.O. Box.  That made me wonder if eBay has always used Canada Post for deliveries to Canada or if they also using other methods.

According to the eiS dot com help page eIS "can" use the following methods for shipping. 

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1711566174268.png

If an item does end up with a courier (DHL for example) that could be problem. In going through the help page I could find no mention of po boxes. But it is possible I just wasn't looking in the right place(ssssssss).

-Lotz

Google search brought up this:

The eIS terms and conditions for buyers state that buyers aren't to use PO boxes for delivery addresses, which to me is a clue that items might be handled by carriers other than the post office once in the destination country.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for the replies.  

The GPS did allow P.O. Boxes in a few countries including Canada.  That doesn't seem to be the case now.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply