Confusing issue with seller and a broken item, and I can't find the help I need

(If I posted this in the wrong place please move it, or tell me how to move it, to the right one, thank you).

A seller accepted a return on a broken item with missing parts, but would not send a label instead he contacts me and then tells me not to send it that he will just replace it (which is what I would prefer anyway). He tells me to cancel the return request so that he can send the replacement. So if I cancel it, what will happen? How can I be sure he will even bother to send it? He's lied to me three times already with other things, I had to jump through hoops for him for the last three weeks just to get to this point. That time tacked onto a 77 days wait for it to get here I'm worried it's all just a big delay to rip me off.  I don't know when help from ebay directly expires (nor can I find how to get help from them it seems).

I am so frustrated and stressed out, I've been scouring through the help pages with no luck on finding the information I need.

I can't find how to email Ebay direct (I tried and they sent my message to HIM which complicated stuff up even more), I can't use the phone option because I don't hear too great on one and really don't want to get someone else involved in making the call for me.

So what do I do? Why would he have accepted it as a return when he agree to replace but then ask me to cancel the return request that he accepted? Ebay is about to cancel the return request on me anyway in a day because he told me not to ship it so I couldn't mark it as shipped...  I don't know how to secure it so that he will send the replacement like he claimed.

I don't even know what to do now.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Confusing issue with seller and a broken item, and I can't find the help I need

Facebook: you *don’t* have to put your *real* full name. Make one up if you don’t intend to use it for socializing. Many people put their real name to connect with their real life family and friends, so since you only want to ask eBay something and do nothing else with Facebook, it’s not necessary to register with your real name.

Twitter: it has private message function. Facebook does too.

How “private and secure” social media is really depends on what you put through them. If you don’t put any of your personal and sensitive info through them, then what’s there to leak? You just need to be mindful with what you put on the internet to protect yourself. And really, this eBay message board is public and open to see for everyone else too.

And maybe @happy_pigeon can help with providing the OP a way to connect with eBay without calling. To help summarize for Ms. Pigeon, the OP has an issue with SNAD but the seller is trying to talk the OP into closing the return case without providing a replacement. The OP can’t phone eBay because of hard of hearing.
Message 21 of 27
latest reply

Re: Confusing issue with seller and a broken item, and I can't find the help I need

You've said you cannot use a telephone. Fine. But you will not use Facebook or twitter. That's a choice. There are exactly three ways to resolve an issue like this with ebay. The first is like everyone else and to call Customer Service. The second and third are perhaps not ideal but if you want your situation resolved, you will have to work for it. None of us can hand you a solution that doesn't involve you putting some effort into it yourself. 

I am also less-abled than those around me. I don't expect, however, for the staff at my local grocery store to carry me around the store on a platter as I shop like I'm Cleopatra when all the handicap parking pass spots are already taken. 

But the choice is yours. You can either work to get this fixed or you can accept that you don't want to use the tools available to you and let it close the way it will and then lose your money. 

Go back and read the whole thread I cited earlier, please, and then make your choice.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

For the record, Facebook and Twitter are the same degree of private and secure as ebay Canada Community.

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

The seller has agreed to accept the return so that's why ebay is not giving you the option to ask them to step in. For some reason they haven't set up an option for the buyer to do that if there is no label issued. Unfortunately, as others have said there is only so many ways to contact ebay and email is not one of those ways. 

If you close the return you cannot open another one with ebay. You can open one with Paypal however PP requires the buyer to pay for return shipping so that really is not a good option.  In this case I don't think that it is a good idea to agree to wait for a replacement, you need to insist that you want your money back..the seller sounds like they could be a bit shady.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Thank you for answering one of my questions.

As well as that handy Papal information which I was unaware of.

And actually since I have been trying for three days with no sleep, a friend got back to me and stepped in and pointed me towards an actual ebay email. So I'm trying that right now. No idea how that will pan out. But it seems there are backdoors to getting in touch with someone from ebay still around.

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

In the amount of time you’ve spent replying to posts here, you could probably have resolved it via Facebook had you opened an account when you were first encouraged to go the Facebook route yesterday. Being stubborn won’t help you resolve your problems with this seller. But do as you like. I’m finished here, good luck.
Message 26 of 27
latest reply

My apologies in my post I totally missed the fact (which you mentioned) that you are unable to use the phone. In this case, sadly, options are limited.

Depending on your level of hearing, it might be a good investment to get some equipment for using the phone. In the past I have known those who were hard of hearing who have special equipment they hook up to the phone to help them in combination with a hearing aid.
Message 27 of 27
latest reply