Did seller blocked me?

Simply and politly contacted a seller yersterday offering $15 on a $20 listing. Today i log in and i notice i can't contact this seller anymore. I have errors saying the seller cannot answer my questions both on listings and his profil

He did not bother answering. Did he really blocked me?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Did seller blocked me?

Did the listing have the Best Offer option available?

If not, then yes you may have been blocked, some Seller do not offer/accept Best Offers and will not reply to offers via the message system.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Did seller blocked me?

If you were able to contact the seller by message before and now you can't then yes, you have been blocked.  I personally think it is silly for a seller to block a buyer because they sent an offer but some sellers definitely do that. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Did seller blocked me?

You asked for a 25% discount.

The seller is paying about 12.9-15% in fees.

And he has procurement and shipping costs.

Your offer was, at least in his opinion, absurdly low.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Did seller blocked me?

25% off is a fair offer overall, and it was $5. Objectively very far to be a lowball. He just needed to say his price was firm and i would have purchase. This seller is soft. This was an abusive use of blocking

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Did seller blocked me?

@simplynightbird "25% off is a fair offer overall, and it was $5. Objectively very far to be a lowball."

Really?

It actually depends on how much the Seller paid for the item and what the item is...

What is the listing number so we can go look at the item ourselves, then we might have a better perspective.

If the item costs the Seller $10.00 (not unreasonable), plus all the fees to sell it on eBay, plus packaging materials & TIME, from their perspective your offer may seem quite lowball.

Perspective, there are two sides to every tale...

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Did seller blocked me?

@simplynightbird Did the listing have the Best Offer option available?

You still have not replied to that first ???

It is relevant...

As is the ITEM listing number...

...this way we can understand the full issue, and offer you an explanation, based on the actual listing details.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Did seller blocked me?

There are a lot of sellers that just auto block unsolicited offers.  It isn't personal, they set the price at what they think is good and are not interested in less or entertaining offers.  

Myself, if I was not interested in the offer price, I just say thanks for the interest and offer but I am going to let the listing run at the listed price.   I view it as a good indication that the item is getting some looks. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Did seller blocked me?

I do that as well. Quite often the buyer ends up purchasing it at full price and everything works out well. 
IMO sellers who block like that could end up losing a sale and future sales as well.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Did seller blocked me?

@simplynightbird "Objectively very far to be a lowball. He just needed to say his price was firm and i would have purchase. This seller is soft. This was an abusive use of blocking"

A - "Objectively very far to be a lowball" - you asked for a 25% discount on a $20.00 item may be very "Lowball" for this Seller...

B - "He just needed to say his price was firm and i would have purchase." - Did the listing have the BEST OFFER enabled? NO?! Guess what? That means his price was "firm"...

C - "This seller is soft." - no this Seller is firm, they blocked you...

D -  "This was an abusive use of blocking" - Would you like a "safe space"?

THERE IS NO SUCH THING as "abusive blocking".

Any member can block another member for whatever reason they wish, even if you ask a question. I have personally blocked a few over the decades for the questions asked or offers made, some shoppers really are not worth dealing with...

@simplynightbird I had lot of problems with sellers over time (mostly not as described items) and gave a bunch of neutral/negative feedbacks... I turned my profil private to avoid sellers refusing to deal with me because of it. I also received a bunch of partial/full refund from those problems. Could i get banned for receiving too many refund? I wonder if i can create a new account to clear this history or this would be seen as suspicious activities?There's really a tendancy from sellers to hide defects in what i buy and i have a terrible history from it...

Yes, I went to look at your Feedback and then your other posts...

The issue may not be the Sellers after all, thank you for the heads-up for us Sellers you kinda spilled the beans in another post as to your shopping habits @simplynightbird !!

So the reason you are BLOCKED is probably 

A - PRIVATE FEEDBACK

B - Your Shopping history and use of returns and INAD

C - In your own words "had lot of problems with sellers over time (mostly not as described items) and gave a bunch of neutral/negative feedbacks... I turned my profil private to avoid sellers refusing to deal with me because of it. 

And as stated in another reply to you @femmefan1946This is also why many sellers will not entertain bids or Best Offers from customers with a lot of negative feedback left for others nor from buyers with Private Feedback. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Did seller blocked me?

I think we nailed the issue...

...The End

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Did seller blocked me?

This is the buyer central community board and this is supposed to be here to help

Not sure what is your problem but you are extremely annoying

Yes i had multiple bad experiences buying on eBay, no it does not point that i'm the problem. You know nothing about any cases or the category i'm buying into... and use that against me... You are THE exact reason why we can turn our profil private

I'm gonna request to lock this thread cause i know you'll find something else to say against me. When you're at the point to stalk people......... That's limit harrassement

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Did seller blocked me?

This topic has been locked at the request of the OP. 

Thanks to everyone for participating.

Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 13 of 13
latest reply