GSP says Canada Post has package, CanPost says package hasn't arrived

I know there are delays in general right now, that's not really what I'm concerned about. What worries me is that I've had a package reading "Customs Cleared" for almost a week now on the GSP tracker with no updates, and reading as "Electronic Information Submitted by Shipper" with Canada Post for the same length of time

I got in touch with Canada Post today and they said that they haven't received the package yet, and cited delays in customs processing at why there's such a wait, so what does "customs cleared" on the GSP tracker mean if Canada Post still has to send the package through customs?

Anyone  know why it seems like everyone is telling me it's the other guy who has the package?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

marnotom!
Community Member

When you state "GSP tracker" are you referring to one of Pitney Bowes' tracking sites or the information on an eBay page?  If it's the latter, you might be able to get more information from a Pitney Bowes tracking page, using the "UPA_" tracking code you received:

https://tracking.pb.com

https://parceltracking.pb.com

If Canada Post has scanned the item into the mailstream after CBSA has dealt with it, there should be a link under the "progress meter" to "track the item on the carrier's website" and you'll get Canada Post tracking on the Canada Post website.

There have been several recent reports on this board of scan data not being available for GSP shipments between the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky and the postal station where the item goes out for delivery.  This may be another case along those lines.

Keep in mind that scan information shows where your item has been, not where it is, and knowing that doesn't make any difference to what you already know: your item hasn't made it to you yet.  Keep an eye on that last estimated date of delivery and prepare to file a non-delivery claim if your item hasn't arrived a couple of weeks or so after that date.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Stuff that gets cleared in Erlanger by the GSP, is cleared, but it still has to get on the truck, make it up to Canada, drive from the border to Mississauga's Gateway Terminal, be unpacked and finally scanned.

All of which takes a couple of days at the best of times.

Before the pandemic, a lot of those parcels were being shipped by air, many of passenger flights.  Cargo and mail were nice money earners for airlines.

Nowadays.... well DD's tiny local (but international!) airport is completely closed  and she had to drive to the Traill airport to fly out to see us. On her way home she was the only passenger on the flight.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply