Return the item because there's a defect

Hello!

There's a problem with the item, so I opened a case with eBay. eBay wanted for me to send the item back to the seller. Seller sent me the cost of shipping via Paypal.

Now, do I wait for the replacement or refund before I ship it back? Note: It's from China. 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Return the item because there's a defect

Use the return postage to send the defective item back.

Make sure the postage covers Confirmation of Delivery.

Once the item is Confirmed as received by the seller, you will be refunded.

It is NOT a good idea to ask for a replacement on a defective item, because there is not reason to believe the replacement will be of better quality , or will ever arrive.

If you still trust the seller after receiving your refund, use it to buy from him again.

Seller sent me the cost of shipping via Paypal.....Note: It's from China. 

Wow.

International shipping is very expensive. Many overseas sellers cannot afford to do that.

Good seller.

DELIVERY CONFIRMATION!!

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Ask at the PO counter for a Small Business Solutions card. This gives you discounts on some shipping services. With International Tracked Packet starting at $33.25 any discount is appreciated.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Use the return postage to send the defective item back.

Make sure the postage covers Confirmation of Delivery.

Once the item is Confirmed as received by the seller, you will be refunded.

It is NOT a good idea to ask for a replacement on a defective item, because there is not reason to believe the replacement will be of better quality , or will ever arrive.

If you still trust the seller after receiving your refund, use it to buy from him again.

Seller sent me the cost of shipping via Paypal.....Note: It's from China. 

Wow.

International shipping is very expensive. Many overseas sellers cannot afford to do that.

Good seller.

DELIVERY CONFIRMATION!!

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Ask at the PO counter for a Small Business Solutions card. This gives you discounts on some shipping services. With International Tracked Packet starting at $33.25 any discount is appreciated.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

As femme said, you need to use the funds from the seller through Paypal to send it back. You won't get your refund until you do and it's best to avoid asking for a replacement. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply