Ridiculous ignorance from PayPal

zemonti
Community Member

Be aware

The PayPal protection is completely unreliable.

I purchased an Android Tablet, bun the next morning a got an email from eBay, that the seller is kicked out and i have to claim my money from PayPal.

I did it, submitting the information, but in a couple of weeks the answer was: "We are sorry, but the seller provided a tracking number, so..."

PayPal didn't even check that the tracking number is fake and that the seller is banned from eBay. Despite the message that they "carefully" revised the case...

I don't care for the $29, but the question is principal. I'll never trust eBay/PayPal again.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Why not contact Paypal customer andhev them verify this tracking number .

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes you contacted a wrong person or a person who hasn't enough knowledge to understand, try again and call again and get a different person. 

Just because you got the first person, it doesn't mean it is a final answer.  Just don't give up.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Android table does not cost $29. You are going to receive $1 usb cable with that tracking number like some another poster recently. When it comes, don't sign for it, feel what's inside and refuse it.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

lawrence2204
Community Member

paypal is a parasitic entity which is useless in any assistance concerning seller fraud.

I mailed defective items back to seller in India with tracking at a cost of $45., as per paypal.

It took 3-months to get there, but paypal has a policy that after 20 days, if there is no tracking movement, the claim is cancelled, and you have to appeal. The seller claimed that they did not receive the item, and I got confirmation from Canada post by letter that the item was delivered,

but they still would not accept this information on appeal. I spoke to several people in paypal, but my protests were futile. I'm out $300.00.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

zemonti
Community Member

I 'm not comfortable disputing problems on the phone.

If the case was for $3000 of course, but now... 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Call them on the phone & straighten them out!

PayPal once put a hold on a payment After I had shipped the item!!

I never hesitate to telephone PayPal or Ebay ~ some very helpful people work there.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply