Forum Posts

Fradulent Chinese Deals

Well, I got burnt on a couple of Chinese deals. I thought I was protected by Paypal. Was for a cheap hard drive and camera. I received a copy of a coin and a cheap 50 cent bracelet. Before Paypal will issue me a refund, I must send the items back wit...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

UFO Grow Light_Light Bleaching/Deficiency

Here is a recent question I sent to a seller/manufacture? of UFO grow lights from China. I have purchased a 135 and 150 w from your company and have had problems with both of these lamps bleaching my plants yellow two different times and I am very co...

• 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

Received an incomplete item and seller won't refund

Hi, guys need some advice here... Long story short, I bought an item from yifan-world on Dec.06 2012 and received on Jan 04 2013 as incomplete package. The seller told me he will ship me the missing part. So, i waited until Feb.16 2013 and told him t...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Error message when try to leave a feedback

""We are unable to add your feedback for 1 transactionHere's why:Item 251195475496 was not found because:This item number does not existOr you have already left feedback."" I'm trying to leave a feedback but getting an error message... any help? than...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer wants to end an auction 2 days early with an offer?

If a buyer wants to end an auction 2 days early with an offer, should a seller consider accepting the offer if they like it, which would mean ending the listing ahead of schedule? This is in a situation where the Buy It Now has expired because bids h...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buy It Now listing price increased after purchase

So I purchased an item from a store with BIN earlier today. Importing a Vita game from Japan, sounds like a good seller, 100% feedback, excellent shipping speed and what not, and it was a great price for me. So I was just showing my brother the listi...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Escalation Process

I bought some records from a seller on ebay. I contacted the seller two times asking about when and if the records had been shipped. The seller responded that they had been shipped. After a month and a half they still hadn't arrived. (I live two prov...

Ridiculous ignorance from PayPal

Be aware The PayPal protection is completely unreliable. I purchased an Android Tablet, bun the next morning a got an email from eBay, that the seller is kicked out and i have to claim my money from PayPal. I did it, submitting the information, but i...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

I'm having bad luck buying things on ebay

I've had three sellers send me a message after payment has been made saying that they've found a stain or rip on the item and now wont send it but will refund me. Three! Yesterday I received a coach wristlet that was supposed to be authentic (ordered...

cannot contact seller

I am looking to purchase something but It says I cannot e-mail or contact the seller. Should I be worried and shy away from this purchase? I'm a bit hesitant because I cannot ask questions Thoughts?

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Policy changes - I don't want phone calls

I got an email from eBay today about policy changes, and there's no bloody way to email them (I have better things to do than sit on hold all day). There's a part about receiving freakin' PHONE CALLS (telemarketing/spam). I do NOT want ANY calls - EV...

Item NOT as described.

I won a pair of pants that were listed as a regular women size. I received the pants and they are clearly children's. I want my money back but do not trust the seller. I have been burned so many times on ebay. How do I protect myself from crooks?

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

No item yet and almost at my 45 days

Hi all....another unusual thing is happening and need help from the pros!! I bought 2 minecraft quilts at the begginning of January and the listing stated 6 weeks to make. I agreed and figured it will make it in time for my needs as well as ebays 45 ...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is there safety using PayPal? Not always - read on.

I recently won a Roku 2 XS from an eBay seller in China who had GOOD feedback score (over 99) and no damaging feedback. Within hours I receive an email from PayPal informing me that I MUST initiate a dispute as this purchase seems to be fraudulent! W...

• 26 replies
  • 0 helpful

First time buying on ebay and went wrong....scammed

I buy a new WD portable externe device from a seller (sun_mimi*369). Buy the item on 29 january. The guy had only good feedback and a lot of item sold. The day after, 47 negative feedback (now 78) the kind of ''He is a scam '', ''Give me my money bac...

Counterfeit Shimano bicycle chain

I recently purchased a Shimano bicycle chain from a HK dealer. It is a counterfeit item. The chain didn't come with a Shimano breakable pin. I think this is probably enough explanation for people who regularly ride and maintain bicycles. I've been sh...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping theft

I did not receive my ebay purchase.It was a handmade Damascus knife from Pakistan.It was shipped DHL and LOOMIS and was lost between calgary and regina.when I told them it was most likely stolen they said there was nothing they could do about it.If t...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada Post - nothing to do with Ebay!

I read (ad nauseum - lol) all the beefs about Canada Post's high rates, which I as a buyer don't have to deal with that much but yesterday I had to send some post-dated cheques to a company in North Vancouver. I live downtown and North Van is just ac...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Returned item in limbo

Hi All,I have a situation and I'm not sure what to do at this point. Last month I received an item that was SNAD. I ended up having to open a case and had to go back and forth with the seller before they finally agreed to refund me the item price plu...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

How to buy multiple items, same seller?

Hi, I read up on how to buy multiple items from the same seller and I tried, but after I clicked on Buy Now, I just had the Payment option. I didn't see anything to the effect of buy other items or Add to Cart, etc. Can someone help me with this? Tha...

Searching option not sure why we cant

Well I'm trying to search something and I its a sports team but I dont want tickets. It ruins my search cause even if I type in -tickets it still shows me tons. Yet I see on the left side the category tickets. Why cant I just remove the category and ...

Similar (or Identical) Pages from Different Sellers

This may have been covered before, if so, sorry. I have noticed that there are many sellers whose products and pages are exactly the same as another seller. Sometimes, many sellers claim "exclusive" rights to the same product. What gives?

buying from South Korea - how much duty/excess charges

Hello E-Bayers: I am contemplating purchasing a new camera lens from South Korea. The price looks good now but I may feel differently once it clears customs and all the various charges get added onto the goods before it reaches me at its final destin...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Receive the wrong item, what feedback should I left

Hi, I recently bought a relatively high priced watch on Ebay. The seller has a 100% feedback, so I felt confortable to do business with him. 2 days later, I receive my watch, but not exactly my watch ; same brand, same collection, but not my watch. M...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful