I placed order on Oct 1st2016, i havent received my item yet. Ebay not refunding.Fraud

I placed order on Oct 1,2016. Received email on Oct 12 it has been shipped. I kept waiting for item thinkign that it might take months to come from china. And today i called ebay to refund my money , rep said cannot refund because its past 30 days. What is this. Fir st you guys dont deliver on time and then you refuse to refund. This is total fraud.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I placed order on Oct 1st2016, i havent received my item yet. Ebay not refunding.Fraud

Open a claim on PayPal. You have 180 days to make a claim for Item not received on PayPal.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@gur-ahg-teoop6dw wrote:

I placed order on Oct 1,2016. Received email on Oct 12 it has been shipped. I kept waiting for item thinking that it might take months to come from china. And today i called ebay to refund my money , rep said cannot refund because its past 30 days. ...

First step should have been to contact the seller since they (not eBay) did the shipping, and ask for a refund. If that fails then you ask for help from:

1. eBay coverage for Item-Not-Received (INR) is up to 30 days after last estimated date of arrival. The estimated delivery date is with your order details.

2. PayPal coverage is 180 days (6 months) from time of payment for INR.

3. If you didn't use paypal, then contact your credit card company to see what their coverage is.

-..-

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

The Paypal Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under tools.

Skip the step about contacting the seller and go directly to a Claim asking for a refund.

Don't accept an offer of a replacement. It won't arrive either.

EBay gave you a last estimated arrival date for your doohickey.

Mark those dates on your calendar, because eBay only allows 30 days for Disputes after that date.

Items from China take about 30 days to arrive.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I dont have account with paypal I never paid at paypal. I used my credit card and paid to ebay. Now if i need to claim at paypal, first i have to create account with them, which i dont want to. Why i have to contact your 3rd party, when i dealt directlt with you. If ebay's policy is 30 days, then ebay should keep an eye on stuff which is not even delivered to customer for 4 months, thst ridicolous. Ebay should take some repsonsiblity of customer service. How would a customer know how much time it will take for an item to be delivered by ebay. I, as a customer, dont care where you are getting my item from all over the world, i just know that i placed order at ebay. If opened that big company, then take responsibility for your customers, because customers are shopping at your website , and using their hard earner money to buy stuff from there. I used credit card to pay for the item to ebay. I dont know where this paypal came in between. I need assitance from ebay in resolving my issue. Thanks and waiting for things to be resolved.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@gur-ahg-teoop6dw wrote:
I dont have account with paypal I never paid at paypal. I used my credit card and paid to ebay. Now if i need to claim at paypal, first i have to create account with them, which i dont want to.

Fine then, don't.  If you had read through the comments here you would see that  ypdc_dennis  covered that issue by informing you of the option to call the card company about a chargeback.  

If you plan to buy much online in the future it really is handy to have a PayPal account.  They have excellent buyer protection.  180 days from when you paid, that means about 6 months.  It is not my or anyone's place to tell you how to conduct your financial affairs, but attaching that card to a PayPal account can be really helpful when buying.  Think it over.  

Why i have to contact your 3rd party, when i dealt directlt with you. If ebay's policy is 30 days, then ebay should keep an eye on stuff which is not even delivered to customer for 4 months,

When you buy on eBay you are not dealing directly with eBay.  EBay is just a big marketplace where sellers from all over the world list their items.  You ARE buying from a 3rd party, and that is why you need to approach the seller first.  

EBay also knows that scammers from all over the world will list items they may or many not have, and so eBay offers you the chance to file a claim from 30 days past the LAST estimated delivery date.  

You can either mark it on your calendar, use the "add note" feature on the listing in your Purchase History, or both.  

There are extremely long delays right now with items coming from China because there is a dangerous drug being imported here from that country.  Our border guards are trying to stop that junk from poisoning our population.  Checking that many items takes time.  

Items from China often take nearly 2 months to arrive according to people who buy there regularly, but lately the delays are unbelievably long.  Most people have a PayPal account and so the honest ones will wait a decent length of time to see if an item arrives.  PayPal gives you about 6 months in order to file a claim for 'not arrived'.  

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/carfentanil-exports-china-ap-investigation-1.3795415

Ebay should take some repsonsiblity of customer service. How would a customer know how much time it will take for an item to be delivered by ebay. .

EBay does show some responsibility by offering you a full 30 days AFTER that LAST date of delivery in which you can file a claim.  From there, the customer must take some responsibility for monitoring their own purchases.  

The item is not delivered by eBay.  You order from the seller, who mails it, and it is delivered by whatever postal services are engaged for the task.  If you buy cheap from China, that means a very slow boat.  

I need assitance from ebay in resolving my issue. Thanks and waiting for things to be resolved.

OK.  You don't have a PayPal account, don't want one, paid by credit card, and now want a refund for a missing item.  

The solution:  Call your card company's Customer Service number (its on your card statement) and tell them you want to do a chargeback for an item that did not arrive.  The CS rep will need to know the seller, the item, etc, and will tell you what to do.  

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

i.am.vivian.

Thanks for your thorough reply. I was just browsing and stumbled upon this thread because I was curious about how many days I have to open a "INR" and I thought I only had 60 days from purchase date. It's good to know I have much longer time frame to work with.

I frequently purchase from China and I had no idea why beginning of the past few months, items started to take approx 2 months to arrive. I believe that article explains it all.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You're welcome, and yes, with a PayPal account you have 180 days to START a claim.  Once it is opened it will run its course (usually resolved in a matter of days) but that means the process will go beyond the 180, if you didn't start your claim until day 179.  

I'm not saying anyone should wait THAT long, but there are times when people forget and then 6 months later they are wondering if there is anything they can do and have cut it really close like that.  

There is a comments thread on another board about long delays so it is happening to absolutely everyone.  

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Packaging-Shipping/China-to-Canada-packages/qaq-p/121715/comment-id/4926...

From the date the thread started (2013!) long waits on items from China is nothing new.  Its just a LOT worse now with the drug problem.  And I don't see that changing any time soon.  

For anyone who is honestly truly willing to pay a little more to get their items quickly (people always say that but when offered the choice, invariably pick the cheapest offering) the solution is to buy from NORTH AMERICA.  

Find ITEM LOCATION at the left of the page and restrict your buying to things that are in North America and they will arrive the fastest the postal system will allow.  

north am.jpg

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

You do not seem to understand completely the relationship you have with eBay and with the sellers you buy from on eBay.

First, you are writing to an eBay User Discussion Board, we are buyers (and sellers) just like you.  No eBay employees reply to these posts.  People who reply to you are simply trying to help.  So I hope that clears up one confusion.

Second, you staate you don't know how much time it will take for an item to be delivered, and you don't care where your item is coming from, you "just know that I placed order at ebay".  Most buyers carefully review every aspect of their purchases before they commit to spending their money.  They also investigate the seller by checking feedback left for them, and evaluating any negatives mentioned.  Every buyer can see where their item is located, and the estimated delivery date, at the time of purchase; and can see it again by reviewing their Purchase History in the drop-down menu under "My eBay" at the top of any eBay page.  When you go to your purchase history, there is another drop-down menu that allows you to see your purchases for the last 3 years.

Third, you are buying from the seller who created the item listing, not from eBay.  eBay is not getting the item from anywhere, and they are not delivering it to you. They are merely acting as a "middle-man", by letting sellers pay to show their items on eBay, and providing buyers with a place (eBay website) to view (and buy) items from sellers all over the world.

Fourth, you cannot now create a PayPal account and make a claim for something that you bought without PayPal.  PayPal offers buyer protection only for purchases paid for though PayPal.  However, it is likely that you did use PayPal, unless the seller offered direct credit card payment.  This is difficult to do for sellers from China.  Did you go through a PayPal Checkout which accepted your credit card as a "guest purchase"?  See the links below:

http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/sr?query=3253

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/account-optional

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Business-Archive/Guest-checkout/td-p/425081

Fifth, you used a credit card to pay for the item.  Even if you do not check the links above and sign up with PayPal to confirm if you paid as a guest (PayPal is always free to buyers, and offers valuable Buyer Protection), you do have a toll-free phone number on the back of your credit card.  From your Purchase History, get all the details you can about your purchase, and have your credit card statement that shows the charge in front of you.  Phone that number, and report that you have not received the item.  Your credit card company may be able to do a charge-back, that is, you get the amount credited off of your credit card statement, and the company that was paid gets that amount taken off what the credit card company owes them, plus they get extra charges for the work the credit card company did to fix this for you.

And last, for future success in buying on eBay, I suggest you take some time to read about your rights and responsibilities.  At the bottom of this page is a link to "Policies" - this is a good place to start educating yourself about bidding and buying on eBay and resolving any problems that may arise.  Good luck!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

moco980
Community Member

Tipical from ebay the master of the excusess.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply