Thanks for a kick in the pants. Message received two days AFTER 8x Bucks promo expired. AGAIN

There is no bottom to the depth of my frustration with this.

For the second time this month on a promo and the third time in other news (Seller Update) it appears that ebay's direct Message to me via eBay Messages about something presumably important has been delivered three days later. 

Again, the Active This Offer 8x ebay Bucks promo came only after it was expired. Long expired. I was, in fact, shopping this week. Did I see the banner ad? Yes. Did I activate it? Probably. Was I shopping on Friday? I was. Did I get the message before in time to activate and/or use the promo? I did not.

The point is that it should NEVER take three days to deliver a message to an in-house messaging system. What is this, the Stone Age? Is someone chiseling messages to members on a slab of limestone with crude tools? How can this be considered acceptable by any corporate standards? How many times can buyers have the carpet yanked from beneath their feet before they get p-o'd  and leave? 

Sent May 30Sent May 30Received June 3Received June 3Expired June 1Expired June 1

@happy_pigeon, can you please explain what the cause is of this chronic problem? I know it does not affect only me. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Thanks for a kick in the pants. Message received two days AFTER 8x Bucks promo expired. AGAIN

Yes, I have the same situation!!

Sent from ebay May 30 - received June 3 - expired June 1.

tyler@ebay

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Received the offer on my other account today.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Another example. Seller Hub message from ebay received in My Messages via ebay today. It was sent May 31. I got the email about it May 31 but not the ebay Message. Therefore, I conclude that the problem lays with ebay Messages which should be the one area over which ebay has total control. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hi all--this is definitely not our intention, so I'll raise the question with our Marketing team.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Today, June 4th, I received a message acknowledging my email to the Turbo Lister team with a question. Yesterday morning, June the 3rd, I received my answer from the TL team. The answering email arrived 24 hrs, before the acknowledgement. (The auto acknowledgement email always says thank you, we’ll get back to you soon.) This is not normal, and has just started happening and only with eBay messages.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

The exact same thing happened to me -- very frustrating!
Message 7 of 7
latest reply